In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Join a team of proud, passionate, and caring people that together share their diverse talents and backgrounds to serve our members and grow the game of golf. Being at the PGA of America means you are supported, respected, and appreciated for your contributions.
Responsible for ensuring the Championship achieves its corporate hospitality revenue, quality of service, and profitability objectives established by the PGA of America and Host Club. Serves as the liaison between the PGA Championship Sales Committee and business community and is responsible for the direct sales of Corporate Hospitality packages and other Championship assets. Work closely with the on-site Championship Director and Director of Championship Sales and Partnership Development in the setting of strategy, marketing, and necessary pace. Assist the PGA’s national Director of Championship Sales in achieving and/or exceeding the necessary pace of sales.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to):
- Identify high-potential companies, including applicable business-to-business networking and/or co-op marketing channels in the local and regional business market who can become high-potential new clients.
- Direct and manage all steps in a omni-channel integrating sales and service of, including digital platforms, towards the prospecting of new, and current corporate customers, including both the closure and collection of initial Letters of Intent (LOI) and deposits, welcome gifting, and any/all special updates, communications, and invitations to special events.
- Maintain and formulate a comprehensive up to date client database/tracking system with a substantial number of quality corporate hospitality leads that have an adequate level of interest and the financial wherewithal to consider purchasing a corporate hospitality package.
- Maintain up to date files on all corporate clients and significant prospects, including copies of correspondence provided to or received from such prospects.
- Make sales appointments with corporate prospects, including setting up sales calls and correspondence of any/all sales materials. Respond to public inquiries and requests for information and offer sales center and/or onsite venue (course) tours.
- Maintain regular contact with all corporate clients, based upon their individual need.
- Maintain up-to-date files on all corporate clients and significant prospects, including copies of correspondence provided to or received from such prospects directly within the PGA’s CRM System.
- Direct with the assistance of the Manager of Marketing Services & CRM Systems in the management of the volunteer Chair(s), and their members of the Corporate Hospitality Sales Committee/Club for the PGA Championship. To include, but not limited to the organizing of the Company Target List, conference calls, meetings, assisting in the preparation of agendas, notifying committee members of meeting dates/times, reserving space, and most importantly the weekly following up with committee members on their targeted client prospects.
- Participating and assisting in the Manager of Marketing Services and CRM Systems in maintaining and formulating a comprehensive up-to-date client database/tracking system with a substantial number of quality corporate hospitality leads that have an adequate level of interest and the financial wherewithal to consider purchasing a PGA Championship corporate hospitality package. This would include entering all relevant prospect sales information into a CRM System as established by the PGA of America (PGA).
- Along with the on-site Manager of Marketing Services & CRM Systems, PGA Director of Corporate Sales and Partnership, and the PGA Manager and Coordinator of Corporate Hospitality, serve as a primary on-site contact for all corporate clients.
- Work with fellow team members to coordinate and implement all on-site corporate hospitality special events (i.e., Corporate Hospitality Launch, Corporate Taste of the Championship, Corporate Cup, Ticket Distribution and Hospitality Walk-Thru), when and only after necessary corporate hospitality sales goals as outlined above are first and foremost met.
- Work with the local Manager of Marketing Services & CRM Systems and PGA of America Headquarters Corporate Hospitality Program Manager and Coordinator on all corporate e-newsletters, Corporate Manual, PGA Website, Community Relations Programs, Corporate Hospitality Services Staff Plan, and implement the on-site corporate patron hospitality service program), when and only after necessary corporate hospitality sales goals as outlined above are first and foremost met.
- Work in conjunction with the local Manager of Marketing Services & CRM Systems and PGA of America Headquarters Corporate Hospitality Program Manager and Coordinator on the hiring of on-site Coordinators and overall Corporate Hospitality Services Intern Program in delivering PGA Championship Corporate Hospitality Services. This includes establishing the hiring criteria, helping to direct these individuals during event week and following up with corporate clients to ensure that service is being provided), when and only after necessary corporate hospitality sales goals as outlined above are first and foremost met.
- Provide Championship Director and the PGA Director of Corporate Sales and Partnerships with bi-weekly pace-of-sale updates and publishable reports on pending and completed sales.
- Assist in managing the day-to-day administration of all corporate hospitality sales and marketing budgets, vendor agreements, invoice tracking, including all sales and marketing metrics and measurements of success reporting.
- Represent the PGA Championship in a professional and knowledgeable manner when networking, making hospitality presentations, etc.
- Direct all media inquiries to Championship Director. Do not act as a spokesperson for the Championship.
Contribute to a respectful and inclusive team environment by welcoming and respecting others’ beliefs, backgrounds, identities, abilities, and individuality to help ensure a supportive and engaging experience for Association Members, partners, customers, and guests. PGA of America respects the uniqueness of each employee and offers everyone the means to find their place and thrive.
Embody the organization's shared values and help ensure the organization's values-based culture thrives by proactively identifying and addressing any shared values challenges and opportunities you are experiencing.
- No supervisory experience.
- This position will work with the Championship Director to achieve the Championship’s revenue goals and to ensure that all promotional and sales spending limits are not exceeded.
- This position will help the Championship Director with preparing, monitoring and administering an annual sales budget, and will follow all financial policies established by The PGA of America (i.e., purchase requisition, purchase orders, check requests, bid proposals, etc.).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in sports marketing, business or hospitality management or related major.
- Five years related experience in sales, including where applicable and preferred, within the special/sports events environment. Experienced with current and relative business-to-business omni-channel sales and marketing platforms, including any and all new technology platforms/channels including CRM sales/database management systems is preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Must have knowledge of omni-channel, integrated marketing and sales communication platforms, programs and sports/event/experiential marketing operations.
- Knowledge of business-to-business marketing communication strategies and the data/research that helps drive/direct them.
- Knowledge of business-to-business sales and marketing tactics. Ability to identify and execute sales and marketing strategies and activities.
- Ability to monitor client needs and take appropriate action.
- Skills in public speaking.
- Ability to foster strong relationships and build a sense of team commitment.
- Ability to set targets, design growth plans and capture new business.
- Ability to utilize an awareness of industry marketing and ever-changing corporate hospitality and entertainment trends.
- Knowledge of golf industry.
- Knowledge of Google Workspace, including the ability to learn and master new software programs, including CRM programs like ZoHo, Salesforce, and/or other digital marketing platforms.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods (6+ hours per day). Ability to work overtime, including weekends (sometimes up to 15 hours a day).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
PGA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, to ensure full equality of opportunity in all operations and activities of the organization, every staff member employed by the PGA shall be selected under fair employment procedures that provide equal employment opportunities to all people. DFWP.