*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
PGA Golf Properties Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of the PGA of America, advances the PGA’s objectives to promote enjoyment and involvement in the game, by providing accessible world-class championship golf courses, research, education, licensing and advisory services. Working in a fun and professional atmosphere, we offer our employees competitive benefits and compensation and the opportunity to perform in an exciting environment. The PGA strives to provide a work environment that is respectful and supportive and allows a balance between professional and personal life.
Food & Beverage Server 1 - Part time - Port St. Lucie, FL
We are currently hiring for Server 1s who will be responsible for taking orders and delivering prompt, professional, and accurate service to members and to internal and external guests both graciously and courteously in all actions to ensure that everyone receives the highest level of customer service.
Represents the PGA of America in the utmost professional manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Effectively communicate to guests all menu selections and specials. Check with guests for any additional needs.
- Handle cash and secure payment.
- Ensure that workstations (i.e., cups, glasses, silverware, plates, tables and chairs) are clean and stocked.
- Properly set up, serve, and break down table sections as assigned. Clean and reset tables after guests have left according to established standards.
- Reset and restock any and all tables and chairs and service areas according to standards while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Obtain orders from the kitchen and deliver them to the table along with appropriate condiments and utensils in a timely manner.
- Maintain safe and sanitary conditions and all work areas. Remove dirty dishes from the dining room as needed and take them to the washing area.
- Complete all assigned side work (i.e., filling salt and pepper shakers, sugar containers, cleaning and replacing stocks).
- Graciously accepts all other assigned duties when called upon to perform.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to use an iPAD with Club Essentials point of sale system on it to verify payment of members and guests. Use of SQUARE credit card reader to secure credit card payment.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Requires special emphasis on sound judgment and understanding of legal concepts and local, state, and federal laws relevant to all aspects of the food and beverage industry.
COLLABORATION AND TEAMWORK
Works harmoniously with others to get a job done, responds positively to instructions and procedures and is able to work well with staff while maintaining relationships, which breed productive disagreement and debate.
Meets the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with the customer in mind and establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Food Handlers Certificate
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Frequent standing, walking, and lifting up to 25 pounds required on a daily basis.
- Flexible hours, days, nights, and weekends
- 401k Plan offered to all staff
- Golf privileges and the opportunity to learn the game
- Discounts in Food & Beverage and in the Golf Shop
For more information on the PGA Golf Club, please visit the PGA Golf Club’s website at www.pgavillage.com.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
PGA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, to ensure full equality of opportunity in all operations and activities of the organization, every staff member employed by the PGA shall be selected under fair employment procedures that provide equal employment opportunities to all people. DFWP.