ABOUT THE NORTHERN TEXAS PGA
The Northern Texas PGA (NTPGA
) is one of 41 Sections of the PGA of America and its geographic territory includes the State of Texas north of the 31st latitude, or just north of Austin. The Northern Texas PGA is comprised of approximately 1,000 PGA members and associates employed at more than 300 facilities.
The Northern Texas PGA has 22 full-time staff
members and is currently headquartered in Frisco, Texas.The Northern Texas PGA opened its own state of the art headquarters on the PGA Frisco campus in December of 2022.
In addition to managing the day-to-day affairs of the Section, the Northern Texas PGA also operates a non-profit and charitable foundation
that focuses on five pillars: junior golf, college scholarships, inclusion, internships, and military and veterans. The foundation also owns and operates The Ronny Golf Park
The mission of the Northern Texas PGA is to serve its members and grow the game.
INTERNSHIP START / END DATES
January 10, 2024 - May 14, 2024 (start and finish dates are somewhat flexible based on successful applicants' school schedule)
The Northern Texas PGA is seeking qualified applicants for a weekend based part-time internship in golf tournament operations during the Spring of 2024. Successful applicants will be responsible for helping conduct on-site operations of the Junior Tour tournaments. In the Spring season, the Junior Tour provides weekly golf tournaments throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex for junior golfers ages 7-19.
- Execute pre-tournament operations, such as tournament information collection, equipment set-up, and developing operational plans
- Administer on-site responsibilities, such as player registration, starting, rules officiating, scoring, and awards presentations
- Execute post-tournament responsibilities, including completing, organizing, and submitting tournament reports, distributing tournament results, and equipment tear-down
- Effectively communicate with host professional staff, junior golfers, parents, caddies, and spectators
- Manage tournament equipment through transporting equipment to and from facilities, inventory reporting, and maintenance
- Provide support to select Section and Foundation operations through various on-site responsibilities
Tournaments will be located throughout the entire Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, and extensive travel around DFW is required. Interns will be responsible for their own transportation to and from all tournaments as well as to and from the Northern Texas PGA office.
Spring Interns will be responsible for helping conduct approximately 20-22 Junior Tour tournaments. These tournaments will include formats such as two-day, 36-hole stroke play elite competitions, and single-day, 18-hole and 9-hole stroke play competitions. Interns will be responsible for conducting these events from start to finish.
On average, Spring part-time Interns can expect to work 15-20 hours each weekend and will not work Monday - Friday.
QUALIFICATIONS OF CANDIDATE
- Has or is pursuing a college degree (third or fourth-year students preferred)
- Has automobile access with willingness and ability to travel within the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
- Has existing insurance (through school or parents)
- Exhibits ability to work and communicate effectively in a team-based environment
- General computer literacy (i.e. Microsoft Office, Smartphone Apps)
- Ability to work early mornings
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather and temperatures
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 pounds, i.e. tents, tables, stakes, and championship signage
- Ability to safely operate a golf cart
- Ability to stand and move around on foot for extended periods of time
- Ability to speak publicly
- Effectively able to use and operate cell phones, tablets, and hand-held radios
- Basic knowledge of the game and rules of golf
- Interest in a career in golf or sports administration
- Interns are compensated at a rate of $10.00 per hour (before taxes)
- Interns are compensated at a rate of $15.00 per hour if they work more than 40 hours per week (before taxes)
- NTPGA staff uniforms including golf shirts and hats will be provided
- Playing and practicing privileges at the NTPGA Golf Park and select golf courses in the area
- School credit (if applicable)
The Northern Texas PGA does not provide housing of any kind but will be more than happy to assist with the location of housing for those unfamiliar with the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Past interns have utilized corporate housing agencies for fully furnished apartment leases, secured house leases through Airbnb, or utilized extended stay hotels. Those with family or friends in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex are welcome to stay there and are in no way obligated to live with other interns.
All interested applicants must apply online through this posting listed via teamworkonline.com
. Please email Andrew Rubin ([email protected])
if you have any questions regarding the Internship or Northern Texas PGA.
The application will remain open until all positions are filled.
The Northern Texas PGA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful applicant will be required to take a drug test and undergo an authorized background check. Should any portion of the drug test or background check fail to fully clear, the employment offer may be considered null and void.