ABOUT THE NORTHERN TEXAS PGA
The Northern Texas PGA (NTPGA
) is one of 41 Sections of the PGA of America and its geographic territory includes the State of Texas north of the 31st latitude, or just north of Austin. The Northern Texas PGA is comprised of approximately 1,000 PGA members and associates employed at more than 300 facilities.
The Northern Texas PGA has 22 full-time staff
members and is currently headquartered in Frisco, Texas.The Northern Texas PGA opened its own state of the art headquarters on the PGA Frisco campus in December of 2022.
In addition to managing the day-to-day affairs of the Section, the Northern Texas PGA also operates a non-profit and charitable foundation
that focuses on five pillars: junior golf, college scholarships, inclusion, internships, and military and veterans. The foundation also owns and operates The Ronny Golf Park
The mission of the Northern Texas PGA is to serve its members and grow the game.
START AND END DATES
January 4, 2024 – December 20, 2024. This is a one (1) year fellowship.
(Start and end dates are somewhat flexible based on the successful applicant’s availability and career advancement)
The Northern Texas PGA Foundation is seeking qualified applicants for a 1-year fellowship in golf operations and administration. The successful applicant will be responsible for helping conduct day-to-day operations of the Northern Texas PGA Foundation’s programming including the NTPGA Junior Tour, Drive, Chip, & Putt, PGA Jr. League, PGA HOPE, Fairway to Success, and the NTPGA Scholarship Program. This fellowship includes comprehensive training in program development, golf tournament operations, golf tournament administration, event management, Rules of Golf.
The primary focus of this position will be to assist the Northern Texas PGA Foundation in executing PGA REACH programs in the Youth, Military and Diversity & Inclusion pillars. National PGA REACH program examples include:
- Military Pillar | PGA HOPE Program – PGA HOPE (Helping Our Patriots Everywhere) is the flagship military program of PGA REACH and is designed to introduce golf to veterans with disabilities in order to enhance their physical, mental, social and emotional well-being.
- Youth Pillar | PGA Jr. League – PGA Jr. League (PGAJL) is a fun, social and inclusive opportunity for boys and girls ages 17 and under to learn and enjoy the game of golf. Much like other recreational league sports, participants wear numbered jerseys and play on teams with their friends. The kids learn the game among their peers with professional instruction and direction from PGA/LPGA Professionals. Parents also play an active role, making the program a family activity and creating another generation of players to enjoy the game.
- Diversity & Inclusion Pillar | PGA PGA WORKS is a workforce diversification strategic initiative designed to evolve the demographic composition of the golf industry workforce. The goal is to develop a robust pool of talent from historically underrepresented are prepared to ascend to key employment positions in the business of golf.
- Assist with the on-site operations of Northern Texas PGA Junior Tour events including equipment/signage set-up, player registration, starting, rules officiating, scoring, awards presentations, and golf course set-up.
- Assist with the setup, execution and management of PGA Jr. League Section Qualifiers/Championships.
- Assist with the administration of PGA HOPE clinics.
- Assist with the setup, execution and management of Drive, Chip & Putt qualifiers.
- Assist with the administration of Northern Texas PGA Foundation programming including contacting host facility professional staff, working extensively with BlueGolf (tournament management software) to create pairings, manage registrations, organize reports, and communicate with players.
- Assist with the promotion, preparation, and conduct of the Northern Texas PGA Fairway to Success program.
- Assist with the Northern Texas PGA scholarship program including conducting interviews, reviewing candidates, and selecting recipients.
- Provide support to select Section and Foundation operations through various on-site and administrative responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS OF CANDIDATE
- Undergraduate degree (or will obtain a degree before start date)
- Desire to pursue a career in golf business, administration, or operations
- Valid driver’s license and automobile access with willingness and ability to travel within the DFW Metroplex
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team-based environment
- General computer literacy (i.e. Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Smartphone Apps)
- Ability to work early mornings and weekends
- This position will be required to work one weekend day each week. Time off during the week (Monday-Friday) will be provided for each weekend day worked.
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather and temperatures
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 pounds, i.e. tents, tables, stakes, and signage
- Ability to safely operate a golf cart
- Ability to stand and move around on foot for extended periods of time
- Ability to speak publicly
- Effectively able to use and operate cell phones, tablets, and hand-held radios
Events and tournaments will be located throughout the entire Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, and extensive travel around DFW is required. Fellows will be responsible for their own transportation to and from all tournaments as well as to and from the Northern Texas PGA office.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Base salary of $37,000
- Signing bonus
- Relocation allowance available for successful candidate if relocating to Frisco
- Medical and dental insurance (100% coverage)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement for business trips and access to company vehicle for approved business use
- Meals and lodging are provided while conducting NTPGA business outside of the DFW metroplex
- NTPGA staff uniforms including golf shirts and hats will be provided
- PGA Dues (if applicable)
- Select playing privileges at PGA Frisco and The Ronny Golf Park
- Total compensation package: approximately $48,000
The Northern Texas PGA does not provide housing of any kind but will be more than happy to assist with the location of housing for those unfamiliar with the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.
Interested applicants must submit their application via TeamWork Online. Please email Casey Rayburn ([email protected])
if you have any questions regarding the PGA WORKS Fellowship or the Northern Texas PGA.
The PGA WORKS Fellowship provides the opportunity for individuals from historically underrepresented groups with consideration to the following protected classes: Gender, Age, Race/Color, National Origin/Ancestry, Sexual Orientation, Disability and Veteran Status- though anyone is welcome to apply.
The application will remain open until filled.
The Northern Texas PGA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful applicant will be required to take a drug test and undergo an authorized background check. Should any portion of the drug test or background check fail to fully clear, the employment offer may be considered null and void.