The SCGA Junior Golf Foundation’s mission is to develop an inclusive golf community that enables kids to thrive on and beyond the course. Through its programs, SCGA Junior Golf Foundation works to fulfill its mission by creating affordable access to golf for all youth, teaching smart decision-making skills, on and off the course, and developing a culture of healthy lifestyles. Founded in 1983, SCGA Junior Golf Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the Southern California Golf Association. SCGA Junior Golf Foundation’s programs emphasize both player and youth development by providing a fun, safe, and engaging community for players, parents, and coaches.
The Communications & Marketing Coordinator is a full-time opportunity responsible for supporting the Communications and Marketing efforts for the SCGA Junior Golf Foundation, with the guidance and assistance of the SCGA Communications & Marketing team. The Coordinator will support the development and implementation of the SCGA Junior Golf Foundation’s strategic communications and marketing programs and implement project initiatives. By serving as a brand ambassador and spokesperson, the Coordinator will assist with the creation and development of innovative Foundation specific messaging through various mediums including digital newsletters, emails, marketing collateral, Board reports, grass-roots media relations, social media postings, and articles in the SCGA’s FORE magazine, among a few.
The incumbent of this position must be available to work from the SCGA Junior Golf Foundation office, as well as necessary and required field assignments. The position requires a flexible schedule, to include some evening and weekend hours. The intended starting hourly rate is $24.00/hour, including eligibility for a comprehensive benefits package. This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with SCGA Communications and Marketing team to help execute SCGA Junior Foundation’s communications and marketing initiatives
- Develop and support content design for all SCGA Junior Foundation electronic communications, including numerous newsletters, digital blasts and scgajunior.org
- Create content and manage design of various newsletters
- Support design of annual Impact Report
- Manage all Foundation marketing collateral, including event-specific schedules
- Draft communications and marketing updates for SCGA Foundation Board reports
- Support and help execute community-based outreach programs
- Attend various SCGA Junior events, serving as the primary onsite communications lead
- Research and manage the SCGA Junior contributions to the SCGA’s quarterly FORE magazine
- Facilitate and liaison on content creation from various consultants and creators; liaison to vendors including designers, printers and mailing services
- Research and make recommendations pertaining to new technologies, trends and web/interactive practices by participating in association events, membership initiatives, and professional development opportunities
- Collaborate with Development Team to identify Foundation content to be highlighted in all SCGA communications
- Other tasks and duties as relevant and assigned.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience working in a communications and marketing role. All majors are encouraged to apply, but strong communications skills, written and verbal, are a must.
- A minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience working in a marketing and communications role. Personal interest and love for sports is highly preferred.
- A minimum of one (1) year of direct marketing project management and/or social media experience
- Solid verbal communication skills and advanced writing skills
- Ability to multi-task under pressure while meeting and adhering to deadlines
- Comfortable fluctating between working independently and collaborating in a team work environment
- Capable of identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner
- Able to develop and maintain productive working relationships with others
- Creative approach to projects; constantly looking for ways to further promote and increase the marketing outreach for the Foundation
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft office suite, as well as Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Mailchimp, or similar creative platform experience
- HTML/CSS experience is a plus
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, to include bending/stooping; able to lift and move up to 15 lbs. with minimal assistance.
- Able to work outdoors for extended periods of time and in various elements of weather.
- Flexible schedule; must be available to work evenings and weekends as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The SCGA and SCGA Junior Golf Foundation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.