In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The purpose of this position is to provide an enriching professional growth experience through immersion in the design and development process within the Merchandise Department. The Design and Product Development intern will learn about, not only the entire development process, but best practices in event merchandising and retail industry from a team of talented professionals.
The Design and Product Development Intern will work under the direction of the Product Manager to learn the fundamentals and best practices of design, development, and retail/ event merchandising related to:
• Development of apparel and non-apparel items
• Communication with International and Domestic suppliers
• Evaluating merchandise through confirmation of specs and communicating comments
• Active participation in Design and Development meetings
• Visual merchandising of retail locations on property
• Representing Augusta National Golf Club and living by its set of core values
At the end of the internship, Interns will complete an assigned project that will not only provide exposure to the science and art of product development, but also test the knowledge, skills, and abilities interns bring to the organization.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Work closely with the Product Development and Creative Services Teams to assist with new designs and products.
- Daily communication with International (Asia, Italy, and South America) and domestic vendors and manufacturers to ensure timeline.
- Assist the Product Development Team with strategic assortment plans and roadmaps.
- Research market trends to support Patron experiences through merchandise.
- Maintain archive of samples from current and previous seasons.
- Assist in providing visual feedback across different product categories.
- Prioritize tasks and workload to meet deadlines.
- Assist with special projects as required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services.
- Collaborate with team to uphold quality standards through the product development process.
- Gain a better understanding of Augusta National Golf Club, its organization and function, products and services, customer base, and the competitive market.
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, a team player, self-starter
- Effective organizational skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative, creative, and fast-paced environment, while being able to take creative direction from managers.
- Effective researcher that knows how to find the best reference possible.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office programs including Office, Excel, and Word
- Proficient with ADOBE Creative Suite, including Illustrator and Photoshop preferred
- Effective time management skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail in both digital and physical applications and researching skills.
- High School Diploma required.
- Must be enrolled as a current junior or senior in a college/university
- Relevant coursework/ previous job experience in product development/ merchandising
- Possess a valid driver’s license and/or successfully completes the Club’s internal motor vehicle training program
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
Positions at Augusta National Golf Club require a COVID-19 vaccination. Applicants who are offered a position will be asked their vaccination status which will be considered in accordance with applicable law.
Projected Work Schedule
Normal work hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Must be available to work weekends, holidays and overtime as dictated by the needs of the business.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk and work with hands and arms, lift up to 25 pounds and/or drive a golf cart. The employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, sometimes for several hours at a time, and use their hands and fingers to operate a computer. The employee is constantly required to use their vision to perform an activity such as but not limited to: preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, looking at products, materials, workmanship, and extensive reading.