In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Senior Manager, Payroll will provide strategic leadership and oversight of the payroll processes and oversee the execution of all payroll activities for Augusta National Golf Club (ANGC) and the Masters Tournament. The successful candidate is experienced in payroll operations and innovative solutions that deliver best-in-class service and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Reporting to the Senior Director, Finance and Accounting, the role will partner with departments cross-functionally to develop and implement streamlined processes. The Senior Manager, Payroll will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely processing of employee paychecks, compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and strong financial accounting and reporting experience.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Manage the overall payroll process, including review of processed time records, calculated gross and net pay, ensuring the accurate and timely issuance of all employee pay.
- Responsible for payroll compliance with local, state, and federal regulations regarding payments to employees, tax withholding, deductions from employee pay, wage, and hour laws, as well as tax and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a controls environment for all earnings and deductions codes within the payroll system, ensure maintenance of all associated general ledger accounts, mapping between systems as well as completeness and accuracy of all related reports.
- Accountable for Identifying and leading payroll projects that enhance payroll processes aimed at increasing efficiency, compliance, quality, and automation.
- Work closely with HR and other departments to ensure that payroll processes are integrated with other HR and business processes and represent finance department needs.
- Review and approve payroll-related transactions within the general ledger and ensure timely and accurate completion of all monthly, quarterly and annual close activities.
- Oversees all aspects of compliance with federal and state tax regulations governing quarterly and annual regulatory filing requirements, including W-2 forms.
- Lead finance representative responsible for preparing the annual staffing budget in coordination with HR team.
- Build reports and complete fluctuation analysis to review payroll-related actuals vs. budget as well as prepare forecasted results.
- Identifies and plans for necessary resources of the team such as vendor support for inclusion within budget.
- Manages annual state wage, workers’ compensation and retirement plan audits and related filings.
- Ensures that payroll information is kept confidential and secure.
- Accountable for the overall results of the team.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to accomplish organizational goals.
- Responsible for the performance improvement and development of direct reports.
- Accountable for effective financial management, including effective allocation of payroll, including management of overtime spend for the team.
- Physical demands are outlined immediately below.
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
- Occasionally required to walk and work with hands and arms, lift up to 25 pounds and/or drive a golf cart.
- Constantly required to sit, sometimes for several hours at a time, and use their hands and fingers to operate a computer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other duties which are deemed by management to be an important part of the job.
- In-depth and current knowledge of payroll laws and regulations, including tax laws and wage and hour laws.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyze complex data and identify trends.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex payroll information to non-experts.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage and motivate others.
- Skilled in payroll / HRIS software, preferably Workday.
- Skilled in financial general ledger / ERP software, preferably Oracle Netsuite.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office applications, and advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field; advanced degree or certification such as CPA, CFA or CPP preferred
- 5+ years of experience in payroll management, with 2+ years of experience managing others
- Possess a valid driver’s license and/or successfully completes the Club’s internal motor vehicle training program
Projected Work Schedule:
Normal work hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.