AMERICAN JUNIOR GOLF ASSOCIATION
Communications In-House Intern
The AJGA is seeking a Graphic Design, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or Mass Communications major to assist a nonprofit golf association with daily communications tasks. The internship will include a well-rounded focus of media relations, marketing, graphic design, content production, website maintenance and social media.
· Write, design and edit Association content for print, web, social, magazine
· Graphic design work for social media, website, promotion and sponsors
· Assist with weekly promotional plans including elements of PR, sponsor relations and marketing
· Support fundraising, marketing initiatives
· Conduct interviews
· Assist or lead special projects including administrative tasks
· Video editing and archiving may be included for candidates with a video background
· Customer service
· Degree-seeking candidate in Graphic Design, PR, Journalism, Marketing or Communcations
· Successful previous internship or professional experience in at least one related field
· Ability to operate independently but be a key part of a team
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with high volume
· Command of the English language and outstanding writing and editing skills
· Golf knowledge is preferred, but not mandatory
· Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator; AP Style; Microsoft Office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position is located at our headquarters in Braselton, Georgia.
- Employees are expected to work Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (40 hours a week).
- Start / end dates vary – most interns work during summer months.
- Compensation is $10 per hour. The AJGA does not provide housing, food or moving costs.
Submit a cover letter, resume and samples of work or a link to your portfolio below.
All materials must be received by Deadline to apply: Friday, March 2, 2018