About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Position
The XFL is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Motion Graphics Designer to work within the league’s growing content department. This position will create motion graphics and animations and design and oversee graphic production content catered to digital/social media platforms. This creative, driven and self-efficient team member will see projects through from concept to post with a quick turnaround timetable.
What you will do
- Create and design graphic layouts and animations for various digital video and social media platforms.
- Initiate and create new social graphic concepts.
- Coordinate with Digital Video and Social Media Producers on projects for appropriate platforms.
- Responsible for quality control for all aspects of graphic production and content for digital and social video projects.
What you will bring
- 5+ years of related experience in graphic design and animation.
- Expertise in design and animation across digital and social media platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter).
- Ability to design for different mediums.
- Knowledge of the latest trends in social media creation and consumption.
- Understanding of the different social platforms and how to best create and design content specific for those platforms.
- Must display excellent design, typography and layout skill set.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite: After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and 3D animation software.
- Willingness to think ‘outside the box’ and try new concepts.
- Capable of handling and organizing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-based, ever-changing environment while maintaining integrity of creative artistic design.
- Entertainment brand experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of football a plus.
- BA in Design or Motion Graphics or related field of study preferred.
- **Portfolio to be submitted with application
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining, or extending work authorization. **