About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
As Sr. Analyst, Analytics, you will be responsible for developing data-driven insights that drive the XFL business, marketing and sales functions. Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Analytics, you will be supporting a critical capability responsible for providing visibility into performance, establishing a data-driven culture and helping launch voice of the fan initiatives.
What you will do
- Provide the league and teams with visibility into ticket sales, merchandise and e-commerce performance.
- Build and translate analytical models, data and complex quantitative analysis into simple insights and high-impactful actions.
- Help set benchmarks, establish targets and provide forecasts for marketing and sales operations.
- KPI development and measurement planning/strategy.
- Work with data technology to establish the requirements to transform raw data into dashboards and visualizations.
- Identify questions to be answered and contribute to developing analytics-driven solutions to enable better decision-making.
- Support various customer analytics projects including CRM analytics, fan analysis, segmentation and targeting.
- Support various digital analytics projects including site analysis and optimization.
- Measure campaign effectiveness across both digital and offline measurement.
- Work in complex data environments, manipulate large data sets and navigate a variety of servers, data types and data structures to complete analysis.
What you will bring
- 2+ years experience in a sales, marketing or business analytics role (sports, media, agency, or technology).
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (math, statistics, marketing or business).
- Advanced Excel skills (complex formulas), experience with relational databases/SQL.
- Strong storytelling and communication skills.
- Analytics expertise in at least one of the following: sales, CRM, media, digital/web, social, content, forecasting or segmentation.
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, Looker, etc.).
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit. Not afraid to roll up their sleeves.
- Passion for sports and/or football.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining or extending work authorization. **