About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule, with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT, headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
The XFL is reinventing the next generation of digital products that fans use to engage with their favorite sport and team. As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for bringing that vision to life through a range of digital platforms and experiences.
Working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders, you’ll interpret their needs into a range of product requirements, defining a roadmap of incremental feature enhancements, from launch to sustainment, and ultimately driving the experience a user has when they interact with the XFL.
Partnering with Technologists, Data Analysts, UX Designers and Content Creators, you will be central to combining technical and creative competency, speaking their language and constantly weighing ideas and priorities that drive industry-defining business growth.
Reporting to the VP, Digital Product, you will work to support a range of strategic initiatives across the XFL’s digital portfolio, including websites, apps, video and emerging technologies.
What you will do
- Use an agile approach to product development, define and develop user stories based on requirements, communicate them to the Development team and update relevant stakeholders.
- Own and update individual features on the product roadmap, evaluating and prioritizing against the product backlog.
- Gain a deep understanding of our users, their personas and how they engage with our digital products, making recommendations on how to constantly improve their experience and engage them with new features and functionality.
- Create and present mock-ups, flows and wireframes that demonstrate user journeys with comprehensive specifications.
- Ensure we implement and gather relevant metrics on users, constantly analyzing information that informs strategic decision-making and inspires feature recommendations.
- Advocate our digital products and ongoing vision to every level of the organization, providing meaningful insights to stakeholders and bringing value to the business.
- Ensure consistent high-quality products, at launch, lifetime and sunset, considering fan-facing and back-end technology factors.
- Work with research groups to conduct usability testing, rapidly understanding user behaviors, testing new concepts and influencing product strategy.
- Stay constantly aware of an evolving competitive market and evangelize trends in the sports and entertainment technology landscape.
What you will bring
- 5-7 years digital product experience in either the sports, technology or entertainment industry with a proven track record of success owning product launches and lifecycles.
- A strong communicator with excellent written and verbal skills.
- A history of building relationships across a wide range of professional disciplines, with an ability to build trust and consensus across teams, including technology, sales, marketing and research.
- Exceptionally organized and detail-driven, capable of managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Highly adaptable to change, and capable of determining direction when faced with ambiguity and evolving business conditions.
- Comprehensive understanding of monetization trends and models across mobile platforms and emerging technologies.
- Experience identifying and owning partnership and vendor relationships.
- An entrepreneurial approach with a consistent curiosity and eagerness to improve the experience fans have when they engage with the XFL’s digital products.
- Demonstrated knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research techniques, including user testing, analytics and user personas.
- Confidence and polish interacting with all business levels, including experience translating and presenting complex ideas effectively.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining, or extending work authorization. **