About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Position
The Producer/Editor is responsible for conceptualization and creation of all video content on the XFL’s social media accounts and website. As the Producer/Editor, this creative, driven and self-efficient team member will also be responsible for advancing and guiding other members of the XFL’s growing video team.
What you will do
- Produce short-form video content for various XFL digital and social platforms in a self-efficient manner.
- Conduct interviews and create content with XFL players, coaches and executives.
- Initiate and create new social/digital video concepts.
- Establish best practices, strategies and equipment recommendations to provide guidance and mentorship to other XFL video shooters/producers/editors.
- Responsible for quality control for all aspects of production and content for social/digital video projects.
- Responsible for developing compelling video elements that complement XFL’s on-field product.
- Responsible for altering content to fit various platforms, i.e. shooting and editing in widescreen format for website/Facebook/Twitter, and using the same footage to create an alternate version (square/vertical) for Instagram and Instagram stories.
What you will bring
- 5+ years of related work experience in TV/Digital/Post production.
- 5+ years of editing experience with applications such as Avid, Final Cut Pro and Adobe.
- Experience in field production, managing a video/film shoot and producing/directing on-air talent, athletes, coaches, etc.
- Experience in shooting with professional and consumer cameras a plus.
- Strong knowledge of digital and social platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Capable of handling and organizing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven track record of creative and innovative thinking, effective storytelling, action and results.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-based, ever-changing environment while remaining organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of football (formations, X’s and O’s, terminology, history) a plus but not mandatory.
- Willing and able to travel/work weekends.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- BA in Communications, Film/Media, Digital Media or related field of study.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
**Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining, or extending work authorization.**