Photo Editor with XFL in Stamford · CT
Sports Jobs in Stamford · CT
Web/Creative Services: Image Archive
About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
The XFL Photo Editor is a positive, proactive leader who will set the tone for all XFL photography. They will establish and uphold standards for action and portrait photography, coordinate live coverage plans for 8 teams, create/maintain a database for assets, and support a team of creatives. The Photo Editor is a motivated, self-starter who is driven to work independently, can make sound decisions, multi-task, prioritize, and maintain accuracy and attention to detail. Candidates should have a background in photo editing in the sports industry.
What you will do
- Create image assets across on and off-platform destinations that are uniquely optimized to fit each audience and align with XFL brand identities.
- Create photo illustrations and graphics.
- Edit, retouch, color correct, organize, resize and deliver photography to XFL digital platforms.
- Work in a fast-paced environment that requires quick turnaround of numerous pieces of content in a day.
- Demonstrate an ability to balance multiple projects, and the flexibility to pivot from a plan in order to react to breaking news or viral content.
- Collaborate alongside website and social media editors and help them execute their visions on a daily basis.
- Communicate with managers and editors to regularly update project timelines and report on progress.
- Research and manage stock and third-party imagery.
- Maintain digital archives including entering metadata.
What you will bring
- 5+ years on a photo or digital asset management team in football and/or sports industry.
- Knowledge of football terminology, game action, player positions, etc.
- Initiative to take on and learn new tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills.
- Capacity to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to coordinate schedules for multiple photographers across 8 teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible schedule; some travel required, weekends required during season.
- Expertise in processing raw files, Photoshop, Lightroom, Photo Mechanic on Mac operating systems.
- Familiarity with Cumulus or similar DAM platforms.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining, or extending work authorization. **
How did you hear about this job?