About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
As Manager of Social Strategy and Analytics, you will be reporting to the Head of Analytics and Intelligence and partnering directly with the Head of Content for the XFL. While working hand in hand with the content and editorial team, you will be responsible for providing the insight required to grow our audience, increase engagement with fans, and help shape world-class social, content and editorial programs for the XFL.
What you will do
- Work with creative teams, editors, and marketing to define, maintain and optimize content strategy for XFL across all social and XFL owned properties and channels.
- Analyze performance and monitor ongoing success for all social properties and editorial performance.
- Serve as an expert on all things social (trends, best practices, platform updates, algorithm changes) for internal stakeholders including: marketing, content, paid media, and analytics.
- Help grow the XFL fan base by developing strategic recommendations, identifying new content opportunities, identifying new audiences and finding new ways to connect with fans through social media.
- Establish a social listening and insight program for the league and its eight teams.
- Leverage social listening data to inspire creative teams and translate the voice of our fan into actionable content ideas and social programs.
- Build out the infrastructure for reporting and analytics for social across the organization.
- Inform editorial and social calendar using data-driven fan insights.
- Help manage relationships with social, analytics, vendors, tools and social partnerships (FB/IG, Twitter, YT, etc.)
- Partner with marketing teams and agency partners to support the development of all social marketing initiatives.
What you will bring
- Prefer 5+ years experience in a content or social strategy role (sports, media, agency, or technology)
- Fluent in native social platforms and deep experience with social analytics and social listening
- Experience with large scale social campaigns throughout all channels
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit. Not afraid to roll up their sleeves
- Passion for sports and/or football
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining or extending work authorization. **