Manager of Fan Research with XFL in Stamford · CT
Sports Jobs in Stamford · CT
Marketing: Database Marketing/Analytics
About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
As Fan Research Manager, you will be reporting to the Head of Intelligence and partnering with various departments across the organization, include all 8 teams. You will be responsible for helping define, manage, and execute all quantitative and qualitative research for the XFL. In addition, you will be working with other members of the Intelligence team to develop and distribute fan insights and analysis.
What you will do
- Lead qualitative and quantitative research projects through all stages (design, programming, analysis and strategic insight).
- Support all primary, secondary, and syndicated market research analysis to better understand our fans.
- Ongoing management of the XFL’s Football Advisory Network (F.A.N.) - a digital platform for fans to share their opinions on all aspects of their fan experience.
- Develop unique and engaging surveys, polls, and discussions for XFL fans throughout all touchpoints with the XFL.
- Maintain and analyze XFL.com’s site experience survey - providing ongoing insights and opportunities to improve digital products and services for our fans.
- Work with partners to lead focus groups or other qualitative research with fans.
- Add to the DNA of our already fan-centric culture by helping institutionalize the voice of the fan in all that we do.
- Develop and deliver impactful presentations to teams based on analysis of quantitative data from multiple sources.
What you will bring
- Prefer 5+ years experience in a research related role (sports, media, agency, or technology).
- Highly skilled in quantitative market research methodologies, including survey research and design.
- Must have prior web-based survey programming experience (Qualtrics, Vision Critical, etc.).
- Adept at performing sophisticated statistical analysis, including regression, cluster analysis, etc.
- Strong storytelling skills and the ability to synthesize and communicate complex analysis in simple ways.
- Experience with data visualization software (Tableau, Looker, etc.).
- Experience with syndicated data tools (Scarborough, MRI, Simmons).
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit. Not afraid to roll up their sleeves.
- Passion for sports and/or football.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining or extending work authorization. **
How did you hear about this job?