About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Position
The XFL is seeking a league Marketing Manager to help build the fan base, execute breakthrough awareness and promotional campaigns, engage fans across platforms and drive business performance.
The Marketing Manager will report into the Marketing Director and help to acquire and engage fans across owned marketing channels partnering closely with communications, social/content, sales, creative services and the eight team marketing executives. The position is located in Stamford, CT.
What you will do
- Develop and manage all one-to-one marketing tactics – email, social, direct mail, etc.
- Build and manage the customer database.
- Optimize each touchpoint throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Manage creative asset and trafficking.
- Help to coordinate projects, timelines and deliverables with agencies, designers, other creative resources and external business partners (i.e. media partners).
- Analyze industry trends and the competitive landscape.
- Assist in updating and maintaining the XFL website.
- Oversee the development and deployment of the XFL League Marketing Calendar in partnership with the eight teams.
- Support the development and implementation of processes, toolkits, style guides and workflows to manage league and team-by-team brand and campaign assets.
- Work closely with the local teams to ensure effective alignment between league branding and guidelines and the implementation of local team toolkits.
- Update and maintain all relevant marketing materials and sales aids.
- Manage the marketing team budgets.
- Support administrative tasks regarding marketing: creative needs, contracts, timelines and payment.
How you will be measured
- Fan engagement measures including size and growth of fan base, ticket sales, levels of engagement across channels and devices, fan retention and fan referrals.
- KPIs: Brand recognition and public perception measurements.
- Contribution to key revenue lines and delivery of the overall business plan.
What you will bring
- 5+ years of professional marketing experience with an emphasis on consumer-facing sports, media or entertainment industries.
- Candidate must exhibit a passion for sports, marketing and football.
- Understand how sports league(s) and teams work to determine optimal workflows and processes.
- Familiar with necessary CRM and content management system software.
- Understanding of email fundamentals: CAN-SPAM requirements, segmentation, performance metrics, A/B testing, etc.
- Ability to synthesize results into marketing enhancement recommendations.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office, web analytics, and Google Ads.
- Building emails in HTML experience with push notification platforms.
- Candidate must be adept at multitasking and extremely detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral skills required.
- A self-starter, energetic and resilient with enthusiasm and determination to ensure that deliverables, timelines and objectives are achieved.
- Ability to work well with multiple stakeholders across the company, agencies, teams and partner/sponsor organizations.
- Some domestic travel required.
- BS required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
**Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining, or extending work authorization.**