About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule, with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT, headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
The Total Rewards Director is responsible for building a strategic Total Rewards function, including the development and administration of all XFL compensation and benefit programs, philosophies and processes. The Total Rewards Director ensures that all programs and benefits offered to XFL employees fit the culture, attract, retain and engage top talent. This position will report into the Vice President, Human Resources.
What you will do
- Design and implement a Total Rewards strategy that aligns with the XFLs overall business strategy.
- Create and manage compensation programs, inclusive of base salary reviews and incentive plan design and administration.
- Build employee benefit programs that are competitive in the marketplace and are designed to retain and attract best in class talent.
- Conduct industry benchmarking and consistently assess XFL Total Rewards programs to ensure they remain competitive at the team and league levels.
- Lead projects and other Total Rewards related initiatives such as a sales commission plan design and implementation and reward and recognition program development.
- Oversee and effectively execute Total Rewards annual cycles including benefits open enrollment and compensation planning.
- Effectively and pro-actively manage the relationships with all benefit providers, brokers, external advisors and consultants.
- Leverage technology and partner internally to identify the technical systems, automated processes and workflows that support Total Rewards program delivery.
- Manage and oversee all internal communications regarding updates on the Talent Rewards strategy.
- Stay current with emerging trends in the marketplace and assess/recommend enhancements as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all compensation, benefits, and employee health/wellness regulations.
- Provide leadership and development for one direct report.
- Build effective internal relationships across XFL as the subject matter expert within Total Rewards.
What you will bring
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Highly developed Excel, financial, analytical, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated success working independently and cross functionally
- Highly developed project management skills
- Integrity and discretion in handling protected and confidential data.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at once.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Workday preferred.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
**Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining, or extending work authorization.**