HR Coordinator with XFL in Stamford · CT
Sports Jobs in Stamford · CT
Human Resources: Human Resources Generalist
About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
What you will do
- Assist with all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Maintain digital copies of employees' records.
- Manage all data entry into HRIS system, i.e. employee changes, LOA, transfers, compensation changes, new hires and terminations, etc.
- Manage status changes including all letters, memos, orientation, etc.
- Manage LOA process.
- Manage HR and benefit billing.
- All state postings and employee communication
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Schedule meetings, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Assist with payroll and other ad hoc HR projects.
- Support other assigned functions.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Assist with performance management procedures.
- Collect, manage, and proactively track employee related tasks.
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related a plus.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Exposure to Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Effective people management skills.
- Exposure to payroll practices.
- Understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining, or extending work authorization. **
How did you hear about this job?