Editor with XFL in Stamford · CT
Sports Jobs in Stamford · CT
Communications/Community Relations: Writer/Editorial
About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
As Editor, you will be reporting to the Senior Director, Digital Content and partnering with various departments across the organization, including all 8 teams.
What you will do
- Work remotely 4-5 days per week for a maximum of 20 hours per week.
- Edit articles, blogs and other written content for XFL digital platforms.
- Publish and post content on XFL digital platforms.
- Edit and update league and team pages on XFL digital platforms, as directed.
- Other content editing duties as assigned.
What you will bring
- Preferably 5+ years experience in sports-related editing.
- Extremely detail oriented with a proven track record of quality work.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit. Not afraid to roll up their sleeves.
- Passion for sports and/or football.
- Proficiency with computers is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or English.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining, or extending work authorization. **
How did you hear about this job?