Director, Business Systems with XFL in Stamford · CT
Sports Jobs in Stamford · CT
Technical Services: Director
About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
The Director of Business Systems will select, manage and support the enterprise and business support systems that will power the XFL across creative services, facilities and visitor management, live events/credentialing, media asset management and several other business and fan engagement related back-office systems. You will be responsible for planning, designing and maintaining the system and services ecosystem required to operate and support the league. This position functions as part of the Enterprise Technology management team and will set strategy and assist in prioritization activities that align with the XFL’s goals and objectives.
What you will do
- Responsible for selection, implementation and oversight of enterprise applications, business support systems and sports operations applications.
- Work with stakeholders to determine business needs–managing enhancements and future needs.
- Provide direction, planning and prioritization on projects and provide technical expertise to ensure utilization of sound implementation, integration and development methodologies.
- Maintain and develop the XFL’s integrated systems and data, working closely with the appropriate internal and external process owners, functional leads and data stewards.
- Maintain software version control and the integrity of, maintenance of and all changes made to the application development servers, software and databases.
- Work with the IT Infrastructure team to ensure required cloud services, hardware, databases, scripting tools and other support tools are available and meet the needs of the organization.
- Develop and manage relationships with external partners and vendors.
- Lead technology projects and cross-functional teams as a player/coach.
- Manage departmental budget–providing input and recommendations for Information Technology planning, budget activities and the creation/updating of IT procedures.
What you will bring
- A minimum of ten years of technical experience working in enterprise architecture, systems requirements, project and program management and systems design–preferably in sports media, creative services and/or entertainment.
- Implementation and administration of enterprise digital asset management system.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in streamlining and optimizing business workflows utilizing cloud and SaaS based technologies.
- Direct management and implementation experience driving new enterprise systems utilizing role based access security.
- Familiarity supporting sports and live events operations through back-office systems.
- Familiarity with business intelligence methods and tools.
- System support and manage SLAs (internal & external).
- Systems integration experience, connecting disparate enterprise applications.
- Extensive experience in business analysis, technical project management and vendor management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work with all levels of internal and external customers.
- A deep ownership mentality with a passion for excellence.
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize a number of complex workstreams.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining or extending work authorization. **
How did you hear about this job?