About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Position
The Manager DTC Merchandising will be responsible for all aspects of the XFL’s DTC merchandising, through execution for both league and team level merchandise assortments, ecommerce and stadium merchandising and DTC operations. This candidate will have a proven track record as a self-starter and will work with a results-oriented high performing team of professionals who will work collaboratively across the team and league to deliver exceptional results for the organization.
What you will do
- Execute the overall merchandising strategy across DTC for ecommerce and stadium merchandising
- Oversee all product development and sourcing activities at both league and team level
- Define all merchandising operations including the ecommerce website, back-office systems, inventory planning, marketing and promotions.
- Work closely with the football operations team to develop and execute “on field” merchandising to ensure each team has the proper merchandise and gear.
- Drive innovation in the DTC merchandise selling space, including omnichannel opportunities.
- Oversee budgets and deliver against key performance metrics
How you will be measured
- Merchandise sales across key selling channels.
- Delivering against key merchandise needs at the league and team level.
- Contribution to key revenue lines and delivery of the overall business plan.
What you will bring
- At least 7 years of fan-based merchandise development/selling experience with an emphasis on consumer, ecommerce and event merchandising
- Expertise in the sports and/or entertainment industries
- BA/BS required
- Understanding of the overall product life-cycle
- Detailed assortment planning, product development and merchandising
- Ability to lead while managing complexity and ambiguity, understanding business challenges and creating forward thinking solutions
- Expertise with digital technology and overall knowledge of the sports, entertainment and media landscapes
- Specific success increasing revenue and generating brand energy
- Ability to work well with multiple stakeholders across the company, agency and client organizations
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.
**Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining, or extending work authorization.**