About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role:
The XFL is looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to lead in the design, implementation, maintenance and ongoing transition of XFL’s growing public cloud infrastructure. The engineer will be part of the XFL Enterprise Technology team and will drive cloud adoption across business units while properly managing operational efficiencies and consumption across public cloud services.
What you will do
- Administer, secure and maintain the XFL enterprise Microsoft Azure infrastructure environment
- Administer, secure and maintain the XFL enterprise Amazon Web Services environment
- Share management of VPN gateways and cloud SDWAN connectivity from multiple remote sites to public cloud services
- Develop and maintain operational efficiency for cloud consumption to ensure costs are being optimized
- Focus on ensuring secure connectivity and implementing correct guardrails within each public cloud service offering
- Continually improve cloud services access and reliability focusing on new and emerging technologies
- Work closely with the data management team on emerging DMP and CDP cloud platforms
- Provide recommendations and technology solutions for data integration between key systems like CRM, marketing and communications with Google Analytics, etc.
- Monitor cloud infrastructure and provide KPIs based on availability and usage
- Participate in selection and implement cloud security tools and policies that correlate to XFL enterprise security guidelines
What you will bring
- Minimum of 5 years administration of public cloud infrastructure
- Expert knowledge of AWS and Microsoft Azure infrastructure
- Direct experience provisioning VPN and Direct Connect to public cloud
- Proficiency in management of EC2 and Azure virtual machines
- Proficiency in management of Amazon S3/Glacier and Azure Blob storage
- Proficiency in creation of Amazon VPC and Azure Virtual Networks/WAN
- Strong Cloud Networking, Cloud Data Center, Cloud Security and/or Network Cloud Automation expertise
- Solid AWS, Azure and Google Cloud solutions design/architecture abilities
- Solid experience in Networking Methodologies, including Software Defined Networking, Network Security, Mobility, Cloud Connectivity, Network Segmentation, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning
- Solid background in Network Engineering, Network Architecture and Design (SDWAN,VPN), Identity Services Management (Okta) and Cloud Networking (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Experience in UCaaS collaboration and cloud telecom services; implementation, design and management preferred
- Reports to Head of Infrastructure and Operations
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining, or extending work authorization. **