About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT, headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
The XFL Benefits Manager oversees company-wide benefit programs for players and non-football staff, including retirement plans, medical, life / AD&D, disability benefits & FMLA administration. The Benefits Manager is responsible for analyzing and evaluating current benefits practices and making recommendations on new and/or improved employee benefit plans and cost-saving measures and/or ensure company offerings are competitive. In partnership with the third-party benefits broker, the benefits manager ensures compliance with all legal requirements of various employee benefit programs and reviews.
What you will do
- In partnership with XFL management, advise on the definition, requirements and implementation of numerous benefit programs including but not limited to group medical plans, employee assistance programs and life insurance.
- Responsible for end-to-end administration of all employee benefits programs in partnership with benefits broker.
- Advise on creation of and manage all benefits communications (i.e. new hire enrollment packages, brochures, newsletters, articles and intranet information).
- Build and implement internal benefits related workflows across the company to align sound practices with benefits and departmental strategy.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of benefits programs to XFL senior management.
- In partnership with the benefits broker, analyze and evaluate current benefits and make recommendations on any changes needed to ensure compliance with regulatory changes or to maintain competitive benefits programs that will attract and retain top talent.
- Work closely with management, internal departments (i.e., Finance, IT, HRIS), external vendors and advisors to ensure efficient and effective operation of all benefit programs.
- Handle benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable and courteous resolution.
- Manage and own the open enrollment process, including preparation for and participation in the renewal process, employee communications and ensuring all enrollment actions are efficiently and accurately executed.
- Manage benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable and courteous resolution.
- Responsible for reconciliation and payment process for all benefit and retirement billing.
- Conduct benefits orientations for new hire employees where necessary.
- Coordination of worker’s compensation claim filing.
Administration of COBRA eligibility in partnership with third-party vendor.
What you will bring
- Minimum of 5 years in HR Benefits Administration or Coordination.
- Knowledge of benefits principles, programs and practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Integrity and discretion in handling protected and confidential data.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at once.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Workday preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining, or extending work authorization. **