Senior Coordinator, Travel & Logistics with XFL in Stamford, CT
Sports Jobs in Stamford, CT
Administration/General Management: Travel Management
About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
This position will be responsible for managing day-to-day operations and execution of the XFL staff’s travel with a focus on the eight teams’ players and coaches. This role will be accountable for working with each of the eight teams’ Directors of Football Operations to coordinate travel for all players and coaches for games and training camp. The Travel and Logistics Coordinator will also be the lead liaison with external travel service organizations and any independent contractors working on behalf of the XFL to ensure successful travel coordination for football events.
What you will do
- Coordinate travel for the eight teams’ players and coaches
- Utilize internal travel system (NuTravel) to book travel
- Monitor travel policy compliance and provide strategies to increase compliance
- Build out schedules in ground transportation tool
- Check and ensure accuracy for rooming lists and flight manifests
- Maintain and administer Travel Policy with cross functional coordination as needed
- Assist with travel based reporting for budgeting and review cross-functional business units
- Be able to quickly resolve travel day issues (i.e. cancelled flights, re-routing, etc.) with confidence
- Assist with booking and coordinating team events (i.e. booking conference rooms with hotel partners, setting up catering, etc.)
- Ability to work / be on-call on team travel days, including weekends
What you will bring
- Minimum of 3+ years of Logistic coordination/Project management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of logistics
- Self-sufficient problem solver that can resolve issues independently
- High levels of integrity when dealing with internal customers
- Detail-oriented, independent and able to successfully manage multiple, concurrent project demands within established timelines
- Proactively bring new ideas and improved processes to the event stakeholders and team for consideration
- Requires a strong team player who works collaboratively with cross-functional teams throughout the company
- Preferred experience working with sports teams and team travel
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining or extending work authorization. **
How did you hear about this job?