Business Operations Manager with XFL in Tampa Bay · FL
Sports Jobs in Tampa Bay · FL
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
About the Role
The Manager, Business Operations for the Tampa Bay Vipers will play an integral role in team business operations, facility/gameday operations, event logistics and fan experience. This Manager will assist with team business reports and periodic summaries to team/league leadership. The Manager also will serve as a significant player in the team’s business/gameday operations and the business team’s relations with the football operations staff.
What you will do
What you will do
- Work under the Director of Business Operations to develop and implement strategies to manage business operations, logistics, facility/gameday operations and event operations through research, best practices, account management and analytics.
- Participate and contribute to weekly team meetings, assist with operational budgets, conduct weekly meetings with interns and conduct periodic reviews of overall operations process.
- Provide weekly progress reports with identifiable metrics and benchmarks.
- Assist team leadership with business operations reports and budget forecasts, including cost center reports and various analysis on team expenses and team revenues.
- Ensure team business transactions, logistics, vendor management and gameday operations are consistent with league standards and policies.
- Execute special projects and other duties as assigned.
What you will bring
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, with at least 2 years of relevant business operations and gameday operations experience. Experience within the sports industry preferred.
- Well-organized with attention to detail, and capable of meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage a dynamic, fluid environment and balance multiple tasks.
- Strong planning and analytical skills with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for the XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining or extending work authorization. **
How did you hear about this job?