Field Producer & Editor with XFL in St. Louis, MO
Sports Jobs in St. Louis, MO
Web/Creative Services: Media/Video Production
About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Position
The St. Louis Team is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Field Producer & Editor to join the team’s content department. The Field Producer & Editor will specialize in creating video content for XFL-Houston, focusing on materials designed for XFL-St. Louis’ digital and social platforms. The Field Producer & Editor reports to the Director, Content.
What you will do
- Produce, shoot and edit video features, highlights, interviews and other on-demand content optimized for XFL-St. Louis digital (website, app, etc.) and social channels.
- Conduct interviews and create content with XFL players, coaches, executives and fans.
- Provide video coverage for XFL-St. Louis football and non-football events, including but not limited to, community relations and fan engagement events, ticket sales events, clinics, etc.
- Responsible for quality control for all aspects of production and content for social/digital video projects.
- Collaborate with league content team and utilize existing in-house resources for video content.
- Design and create motion graphics for use in video features.
- Initiate and create new social/digital video concepts
- Other duties as assigned.
How you will be measured
- Fan engagement measures including content engagement and video views.
- KPIs: video quality, brand perception, social media strategy and support of overall business plan.
- Execution of content plan and ability to produce quality videos while managing multiple projects.
What you will bring
- At least 3 years of meaningful production experience, preferably in sports, with a passion for digital media.
- Overall working knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio, Avid and general production equipment.
- Deep understanding of social platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram in order to maximize storytelling on those channels.
- Ambitious spirit, up-to-date on industry trends and willing to take initiative with projects.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Candidate must exhibit a passion for sports, especially football.
- Demonstrated dedication with the ability to lead projects from origin through execution.
- Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a fast-growing, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain productive, mutually-beneficial professional relationships with management, football staff, third-party partners / vendors, celebrity talent and media of all types.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Superior verbal/written communication and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts or industry equivalent in Television/Video Production, Broadcast Journalism, Marketing or Communications preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
**Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining, or extending work authorization.**
How did you hear about this job?