Corporate Partnerships Specialist with XFL in Earth City · MO
Sports Jobs in Earth City · MO
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
The St. Louis BattleHawks are seeking a passionate, hard-working sales professional to join the Corporate Partnerships department within our Fan Engagement Office. The Corporate Partnership Specialist will be responsible for establishing relationships with local and regional businesses, securing new corporate partnership accounts, and supporting the overall execution and implementation of current partner activations and programming.
The Specialist will work closely with the Director, Corporate Partnerships and the entire Fan Engagement team to further the reach of our brand and impact on the community in which we live, work and play.
What you will do
- Generate new commercial revenue through the creation and sale of corporate partnerships.
- Conduct cold calls/emails and attend networking events to secure appointments with new prospects among local and national companies.
- Analyze business-driving needs of potential partners based on marketing objectives, consumer/retail strategies and recent activations.
- Develop meaningful business relationships with existing and potential partners.
- Manage portfolio of current partnership accounts to ensure effective execution of partner assets and activations.
- Communicate with current partners on a day-to-day basis to ensure activation timelines (creative, ticket delivery, etc.) are maintained.
- Serve as the primary gameday lead for onsite partner activations; including but not limited to tailgate activations, concourse tabling, and postgame fan engagements.
- Assist in the planning and execution of non-gameday partner events (player meet and greets, community appearances, etc.).
- Communicate well across all areas of the Fan Engagement Office and XFL League Office.
- Execute special projects and other duties as assigned.
What you will bring
- 3+ years of previous experience in sales on either the brand, agency or property side.
- Experience within the sports industry preferred.
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals and objectives.
- Relationship oriented individual who is comfortable delivering presentations to C-level executives and key decision makers.
- Accustomed to implementing client activations and events, from the planning stages through hands-on execution.
- Can-do, flexible attitude and demeanor with good level of business and common sense, and the ability to think on your feet and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to remain calm and poised in a fast paced, dynamic, high-pressure environment.
- Self-confident, detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent organizational, project management, problem solving, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Proficient skills in Google Suite, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge and skills in Adobe/creative applications such as Photoshop and Illustrator a plus.
- Ability and commitment to maintaining confidentiality in business and personal matters.
- Candidate must exhibit a passion for sports and football.
- Ability to work well with multiple stakeholders across the company, partners and partner agencies.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and team player mentality.
- Superior verbal/written communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management, marketing or business-related field of study preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining or extending work authorization. **
How did you hear about this job?