Director, Content with XFL in Seattle, WA
Sports Jobs in Seattle, WA
Web/Creative Services: Web Design/Development
About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Position
The XFL is seeking a passionate, dedicated and innovative leader for the position of Director, Content to lead the team’s content and production department. The Director, Content will oversee the creation of all XFL-Seattle digital content (video and graphics for web, app, etc.), develop social media strategy and manage execution for XFL-Seattle accounts – including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and other potential emerging social channels. The Director, Content reports to the Team President and will partner directly with the Head of Content at the league office. This role oversees at least two direct reports.
What you will do
- Work collaboratively and proactively with key stakeholders to develop and implement a digital content plan, including a strategic content calendar for XFL-Seattle to increase and enhance visibility, fan engagement, brand awareness and support revenue generation.
- Create a distinct voice for XFL-Seattle social channels, tell athletes’ stories through social and find innovative ways to extend the brand.
- Perform the role with an ‘always on’ approach to digital and social media, constantly monitoring and engaging current trends, influencers, websites, athletes, etc.
- Manage delivery of marketing, creative, digital, brand and broadcast assets for digital and social platforms.
- May shoot and produce short videos or create graphic content for digital, social and editorial distribution.
- Support sponsorship, ticket sales and marketing activations through social and digital platforms.
- Collaborate with the league content team and other Seattle teams and league staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
How you will be measured
- Fan engagement measures including audience size and content engagement.
- KPIs: Brand recognition, public perception and social media strategy.
- Ability to manage staff and execute social media strategy to support the overall business plan.
What you will bring
- 5 years+ of strong digital media/content experience, preferably in sports or entertainment.
- Candidate must exhibit a passion for sports, especially football.
- Demonstrated understanding of social media strategy and best practices on platforms, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Experience developing and executing a compelling and effective social media strategy across multiple platforms.
- Experience creating content via graphic design, video and/or photography.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or InDesign and editing software such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro or After Effects is a plus.
- Ability to lead a team, manage direct reports, self-manage projects and budgets, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Aptitude to develop and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Superior verbal/written communication and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, graphic design or related field.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
**Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining, or extending work authorization.**
How did you hear about this job?