Marketing Coordinator with XFL in Jersey City, NY
Sports Jobs in Jersey City, NY
Marketing: Event Marketing
About the XFL:
The new XFL will re-imagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role:
The New York Team is seeking a Coordinator, Marketing responsible for supporting the marketing and customer touchpoints of the XFL New York Team brand. This person will facilitate the planning, ordering, sales and event activations for all marketing initiatives while supporting team photography, community and grassroots efforts.
The Coordinator, Marketing will report into the Team Marketing Manager and support efforts to acquire and engage fans across owned marketing channels, partnering closely with communications, social/content, sales, creative, community and partnerships.
What you will do:
- Coordinate traditional marketing efforts across all XFL New York platforms.
- Support all grassroots and activation efforts throughout the season for brand consistency and to drive lead generation efforts.
- Coordinate brand and ticket sales communications, email marketing and creative development to facilitate the overall XFL New York brand.
- Manage all team photography needs including photographer scheduling and necessary administrative responsibilities.
- Maintain filing system for photos, ensuring an accurate image numbering system and accurate retrieval and filing of originals, both digital and film.
- Assist with development of digital asset database to ensure accurate search results by adding or modifying keywords, user-defined fields and templates as necessary.
- Process images and upload into the database, including basic metadata creation (select appropriate templates, keywords and user-defined fields).
- Cultivate strong relationships with other Marketing staff, Communications, Ticket Sales, Partnership and Game Presentation, and support overall business strategy tactics to engage fans in interactive and innovative ways.
- Maintain team marketing calendar.
- Assist with inventory and organization of XFL New York storage areas.
- Assist in the execution of all XFL New York events and support gameday operations as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
How you will be measured:
- Fan engagement measures, including size and growth of fan base, ticket sales, levels of engagement across channels and devices, fan retention and fan referrals.
- KPIs: Brand recognition and public perception measurements.
- Photography asset management system and process/results.
What you will bring:
- 2+ years' experience working in marketing, communications, digital media and photography.
- Experience with creative, media planning and digital photography experience, including image databases, inputting photos and working with metadata.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Superior verbal/written communications skills.
- Candidate must exhibit a passion for sports, marketing and football.
- Ability to work well with multiple stakeholders across the company, agency and client organizations.
- A self-starter, energetic, resilient, enthusiastic and the determination to ensure that deliverables, timelines and objectives are achieved.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and strong project management skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Adobe PhotoShop, Bridge & Lightroom and image management programs are a plus.
- BS/BA required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.
How did you hear about this job?