Director, Corporate Partnerships with XFL in Jersey City, NJ
Sports Jobs in Jersey City, NJ
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
The Director, Corporate Partnerships is responsible for leading a high-performing corporate partnerships team that results in value-creating marketing partnerships for the New York Guardians in 2020 and beyond. The Director, Corporate Partnerships will work with the Team President, executive team and management at the league office to create an overall strategic approach to driving long-term corporate partnerships revenue for the New York Guardians. The individual will manage a staff for both sales and activation, in charge of generating new business through selling and activating local and league-wide partnerships. In addition, this individual will be an integral member of the executive team, providing insight on key decisions across the organization.
What you will do
- Hire and provide executive oversight of a high-performing corporate partnerships sales and activation team.
- Build, value and manage the New York Guardians suite of corporate partnership assets to monetize in local and national partnership deals.
- Drive local corporate partnerships that generate revenue and brand equity for the New York Guardians through leveraging relationships with decision makers at brands and agencies.
- Develop a strategic approach for prospecting partners in key categories available for the New York Guardians partnerships.
- Manage the overall corporate partnerships sales operation, including research, proposal development, CRM tracking and staffing structure.
- Lead retention and growth of local partnerships to ensure long-term sustainable success and revenue growth for the New York Guardians.
- Lead and execute local activation of national partnerships sold through the XFL League Office.
- Collaborate with Chief Commercial and Marketing Officer at XFL League Office, as well as Heads of Corporate Partnerships at other teams to share best practices and develop strategies that drive sponsorship value for the entire entity.
- Work closely with key stakeholders at MetLife Stadium to ensure corporate partnership interests of the New York Guardians are being fully considered.
- Work with Team President and other executives on key decisions across the company to develop a first-class organization.
What you will bring
- 8-10+ years of corporate partnership experience, with an emphasis on selling large partnerships in the sports and entertainment landscape.
- Experience and ability to develop key relationships, understand needs and develop creative partnership proposals that generate six-and-seven figure revenue amounts.
- Expertise in strategic partnership selling, including asset creation and management, structuring fully integrated marketing partnerships and closing high-revenue deals.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Key relationships with executives at potential local and national partners, both with brands and agencies.
- A deep understanding and experience of activating marketing partnerships to drive value for brands, ultimately leading to high retention of partnerships.
- Deep knowledge of the sports marketing landscape including traditional signage, content development, digital and social media, TV and radio.
- Skilled with standard office software, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, along with a base-level understanding of CRM systems.
- A collaborative approach to developing partnerships with key stakeholders, including those at the New York Guardians and with the league as a whole.
- Ability to recruit, train and manage great talent within partnership sales and activation.
- An innovative, entrepreneurial mindset, and an excitement for the challenge of building a new professional sports organization.
- A passion for learning and contributing in all areas of the business.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for the XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining or extending work authorization. **
How did you hear about this job?