Marketing & Community Relations Coordinator with XFL in Houston, TX
Sports Jobs in Houston, TX
Marketing: Fan Development
About the XFL:
The new XFL will re-imagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role:
XFL Houston is seeking a Coordinator, Marketing & Community Relations responsible for supporting the marketing and customer touchpoints of the XFL Houston team brand. This person will facilitate the planning, ordering, sales and event activations for all marketing initiatives, while supporting team photography, community and grassroots efforts.
The Coordinator, Marketing & Community Relations will report into Manager, Marketing & Community Relations and support efforts to acquire and engage fans across owned marketing channels, and partner closely with communications, social/content, sales, creative, community and partnerships.
What you will do:
- Coordinate traditional marketing efforts across all XFL Houston platforms.
- Support all grassroots and activation efforts throughout the season for brand consistency and to drive lead generation efforts.
- Coordinate brand and ticket sales communications, email marketing and creative development to facilitate the overall XFL Houston brand.
- Assist with the development of digital asset database to ensure accurate search results by adding or modifying keywords, user-defined fields and templates as necessary.
- Cultivate strong relationships with other Marketing staff, Communications, Ticket Sales, Content, Corporate Partnership and Business Operations, and support overall business strategy tactics to engage fans in interactive and innovative ways.
- Maintain team marketing calendar.
- Assist with inventory and organization of XFL Houston storage areas.
- Assist in the execution of all XFL Houston events and support gameday operations as requested.
- Coordinate advertising buys including schedules, copywriting, creative development/production and distribution across all channels. Evaluate and reconcile advertising campaigns on an ongoing basis to ensure all materials are placed and running as planned.
- Draft copy for advertising, marketing and promotional needs.
- Collaborate with creative team and develop strategy for design needs.
- Work with ticket sales team on goals, revenue, ticket initiatives, promotional packages, group and single game ticket strategy to maximize ROI.
- Work with marketing team to build and manage the customer database.
- Help to coordinate projects, timelines and deliverables with agencies, designers, other creative resources and external business partners (i.e. media partners).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Execute strategic work plans that achieve measurable results and optimal use of resources to develop and grow community relations activations.
- Develop and coordinate campaigns to connect with community, drive awareness and develop fan loyalty.
- Represent XFL Houston at meetings and local events during normal business hours, as well as weekends and after hours if needed.
- Assist in managing the team’s year-round community engagement schedule.
- Vet, process and document all donation requests received by the team.
- Work alongside the ticket and corporate sales staffs to develop and activate programs and initiatives in the Greater Houston area.
- Draft speeches, talking points, presentations and other presentation materials as needed to ensure a turnkey process that allows staff members to easily and effectively present the brand in the community.
- Assist in developing monthly “XFL Houston in the Community” releases and detailed annual reports for internal and external purposes aimed at providing a snapshot of the team’s efforts, impact and key insights from the activation.
- Identify and coordinate the team’s involvement in community events with a strategic eye on driving awareness and ticket sales for the brand.
- Research and identify opportunities to partner with non-profit organizations to advance the charitable efforts of the team in the community.
How you will be measured:
- Fan engagement measures, including size and growth of fan base, ticket sales, levels of engagement across channels and devices, fan retention and fan referrals.
- KPIs: Brand recognition and public perception measurements.
- Photography asset management system and process/results.
What you will bring:
- 2+ years' experience working in marketing, communications, digital media and photography.
- Experience with creative, media planning and digital photography experience, including image databases, inputting photos and working with metadata.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Superior verbal/written communications skills.
- Candidate must exhibit a passion for sports, marketing and football.
- Ability to work well with multiple stakeholders across the company, agency and client organizations.
- A self-starter, energetic, resilient, enthusiastic and the determination to ensure that deliverables, timelines and objectives are achieved.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and strong project management skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Adobe PhotoShop, Bridge & Lightroom and image management programs are a plus.
- BS/BA required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.
How did you hear about this job?