Corporate Partnerships Activation Manager with XFL in Houston · TX
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
The Corporate Partnerships Activation Manager will primarily be responsible for overseeing partnership communication and contract fulfillment for all Houston Roughnecks corporate partnerships. This position supports the Corporate Partnerships Director in any tasks that may arise pertaining to Partnership client services, activation and client retention. This individual will work closely with the marketing and community relations team, content team and stadium operations to ensure that all client activations and promotions are fulfilled throughout the year. This individual should be highly self-motivated, a creative thinker, a problem solver and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do
- Responsible for all client communication, conflict resolution and compliance on all client deliverables.
- Review all major deliverables (i.e. signage, print, promotional, in-game, social and digital elements, etc.) to ensure quality standards and that client expectations are met.
- Ensure that client issues are dealt with in an efficient manner, informing department head of any problems that may arise.
- Assist the Director of Corporate Partnerships in finalizing agreements with new partners to ensure a smooth transition from the salesperson to the activation manager.
- Ensure that all processes and procedures are completed, quality standards are met and that projects are profitable.
- Be aware of and in pursuit of opportunities for account growth.
- Communicate clients’ goals and represent clients’ interests in such a way that achieves the partnerships’ shared goals while always working in the best interest of the Houston Roughnecks.
- Provide regular two-way communication between the client and team to provide strong team representation and set proper client expectations.
- Understand the mission and values of the XFL and Houston Roughnecks and effectively communicate them to the partners.
- Provide regular input on all account activity, including status reports on a weekly basis.
- Provide preseason planning timeline and year-end sponsorship summaries for all clients.
- Develop and support key sponsorship relationships and embrace each sponsor relationship by understanding the business of each partner in a way that allows the organization to anticipate partners’ needs and respond in a timely fashion.
- Oversee all research pertaining to corporate partners, i.e. surveys, focus groups and other data from third party measurement partners.
- Assist in developing and executing in-season promotions such as player signings, hospitality and exclusive events.
- Assist in the execution of ancillary benefits such as off-season events, community events and in-game requests/promotions.
- Inspect and monitor each corporate partner leased suite prior to and during each event for quality assurance (cleanliness/maintenance) and immediately resolve any issues, as appropriate.
- Serve as liaison with DNC, Houston Cougars Sports Properties and University of Houston football gameday operations staff.
- Maintain corporate partners databases, including contact name, address, special dates (i.e. birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) comments from visits, etc.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Corporate Partnerships.
What you will bring
- Minimum of a 4-year bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience building and managing customer/client relationships.
- Previous experience with a sports property, consumer brand or agency is preferred.
- Must possess proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills are a plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships.
- Experience developing activation marketing plans, promotions, presentations and proposals.
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage projects on strict deadlines.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently or part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Fluently bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
- Possess a high degree of discretion, integrity, professionalism and accountability.
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as needed.
- Ability to travel outside the office for client meetings, stadium visits and other various client events.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, think outside the box and bring new creative ideas to current partners.
- Minimum physical requirements: Able to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining or extending work authorization. **
How did you hear about this job?