Special Events & Development Internship - Spring 2020 with The Washington Redskins in Ashburn · VA
The Washington Redskins jobs
Sports Jobs in Ashburn · VA
The Washington Redskins are seeking a qualified individual to join the Community Relations/Charitable Foundation Department as an intern. The individual will have the opportunity to learn about the responsibilities of a National Football League Community Relations Department and Charitable Foundation by working as a member of a fast paced, event driven team.
It is preferable that the intern is able to start on or around January 6, 2020, however this date is flexible. Candidate MUST be able to work at least 40 hours a week as this is a full-time internship.
Internship Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the detailed coordination and execution of high-profile fundraising events for the Redskins Charitable Foundation, with key responsibilities ranging from securing vendors, working with our program partners, prospecting potential sponsors, coordinating guests/registrants, etc. Upcoming events include but are not limited to:
- 6th Annual Redskins Charity Golf Classic Tournament – The official golf tournament of the Washington Redskins features a player or alumni captain with each foursome.
- 59th Annual Redskins Welcome Home Luncheon – This event heralds the beginning of the 2020 season and is our biggest fundraiser of the year.
- Play a key role in strategic planning for Foundation messaging, marketing, sponsorship and events for the 2020 season, from building the Foundation’s Annual Report to revamping existing programs and campaigns (i.e. Breast Cancer Awareness T-shirt Campaign, 50/50 Raffle, etc.)
- Manage select social media accounts for the Foundation; Responsible for targeted initiatives to grow account followers and increase fan engagement (i.e. Instagram and Twitter)
- Assist the team with programming events and player appearances including Play 60, Redskins Read, ASPIRE, Redskins FITT, etc.
- Manage select vendor relationships as an important part of the event planning process
- Manage Silent Auction item procurement across several major events; Responsible for building relationships with local businesses and organizations
- Build sponsor and event presentation recaps
- Work directly with the Managers of Special Events & Development on numerous projects
Intern Candidate Requirements:
- Full-time undergraduate/graduate student; MUST receive college credit in order to qualify for this internship – Proof of credit from your College or University is required
- Detail oriented self-starter and creative-thinker who works well with others
- Previous experience or interest in marketing and/or event planning preferred
- Excellent communication, writing & interpersonal skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite proficient)
- Team player, humble enough to handle a variety of tasks; no job beneath them
- Ability to interact with players, staff, donors, and the community in a professional manner
- Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information is necessary
Reports to: Managers, Special Events Coordinator, Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Will you be able to receive college credit for this internship?
Do you have local housing near Ashburn, VA?
Can your provide reliable transportation?