Special Events and Development Internship - Fall 2019 with The Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation in Ashburn, VA
The Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation jobs
Sports Jobs in Ashburn, VA
The Washington Redskins are seeking qualified individuals to join the Community Relations/Charitable Foundation Department as an intern. The individual will have the opportunity to learn about the responsibilities of a National Football League Community Relations Department and Charitable Foundation by working as a member of the team and assisting in its day-to-day operations.
It is preferable that the intern is able to on or around August 12th however this date is flexible. Candidate MUST be able to work at least 40 hours a week. Exceptional applicants will have the opportunity to extend their internship through the off-season season until May 2020.
Overview of Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation and Community Relations Department
The Redskins Charitable Foundation is ever-present in the community, constantly working to achieve our mission to make a positive and measurable impact in the lives of children that need it most.
Since Redskins owners Dan and Tanya Snyder created the Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation in 2000, we have given back nearly $26M to the community and currently provide support and services to more than 175,000 individuals (mostly children) annually, focusing on supporting education, children’s health and wellness and preparing them for their future.
Assisting in the coordination and implementation of Charitable Foundation and Community Relations Department programs and events including, but not limited to:
- Assist in the planning, coordination and promotion of multiple high-profile events including but not limited to the Redskins 58th annual Welcome Home Luncheon, the only time the entire Redskins organization gathers for a single event off the field and the Foundation’s largest event and the 5th annual Redskins Runway Show
- Assist with the development, marketing, promotion, and execution of numerous fundraising initiatives including but not limited to the 50/50 Raffle Program, Redskins Breast Cancer Awareness t-shirt campaign, My Cause, My Cleats and Redskins License Plate program
- Manage the planning and execution of the Foundation’s 50/50 Raffle program during the 2019 season (a $500,000 fund) including but not limited to developing a marketing and promotion plan, hiring and training of game day staff with the possibility of managing the program on game day
- Manage all event Silent Auctions (Welcome Home Luncheon, Redskins Runway Show and My Cause, My Cleats, etc.) including strategy development, marketing and promotion, and management of item procurement, and event day auction responsibilities
- Aid the Development team in designing new communication strategies including but not limited to the Foundation’s social media presence (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) and e-newsletter platforms
- Support the Development team in the execution of Foundation sponsorship contracts including print advertising, special events, hospitality and in-game promotion
- Work directly with the Senior Director of Special Events on business development
- Manage select event vendor relationships on behalf of the Foundation
Intern Candidate Requirements:
- Full-time undergraduate/graduate student; MUST receive college credit in order to qualify for this internship – Proof of credit letter from your College or University is required
- Detail oriented self-starter who works well with others
- Highly creative to assist with new slogans, digital art and logos
· Previous experience or interest in strategic marketing and/or event planning preferred
- Excellent communication, writing & interpersonal skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite proficient)
- Team player, humble enough to handle a variety of tasks; no job beneath them
- Ability to interact with players, staff, donors, and the community in a professional manner
- Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information is necessary
- Compensation: paid for all Redskins home games
Reports to: Development & Special Events Coordinator, Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Can you provide proof of college credit?
Do you have local housing in or new Ashburn, VA?
Are you able to work 35+ hours a week?