Social Media Intern Fall 2019 with The Washington Redskins in Ashburn, VA
The Washington Redskins jobs
Sports Jobs in Ashburn, VA
The Washington Redskins are seeking a creative and qualified individual to support the Digital Media department as an intern, with the primary focus on social media platforms.
The right individual must take great pride in their work and pay strong attention to detail. Applicant must have a strong understanding of social media platforms and digital trends. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, while keeping organized and maintaining high standards in all work. Needs to be able to work as part of a team or individually.
- Assist the Social Media Manager in creation and development of content to distribute across all social media platforms.
- Editing graphics/ graphic creating inside of Adobe Photoshop or other graphic creation platforms.
- Monitor daily content and fan engagement on various Redskins social media sites, including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat.
- Research and share emerging social media practices and trends with the rest of the digital content team.
- Assist with the management of sponsored content, fan contests and promotions, including providing analytic reports and archiving database records.
- Track and monitor success of online initiatives using various analytic tools to produce daily, weekly and monthly reports to find areas for improvement.
- Assist with other duties as necessary.
- Thorough understanding of social media platforms.
- Capacity to think creatively and contribute new ideas.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Detail-oriented and strong organization and project management skills.
- Polite, positive, self-starter who works well with others.
- Must possess superior writing skills and editorial judgment.
- Strong knowledge of sports and football.
- Must be able to receive college credit and have completed course work in the field of Public Relations, Communications, Graphic Design, Advertising, or a related field.
- Must provide own means of transportation to Redskins Park in Ashburn, Virginia.
- Interested applicants must be willing and able to work non-traditional hours in non-traditional settings during peak times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?