Redskins Charitable Foundation Ambassador with The Washington Redskins in Ashburn, VA
The Washington Redskins jobs
Sports Jobs in Ashburn, VA
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Foundation/Community Relations
The Redskins Charitable Foundation is ever-present in the community, constantly working to achieve our mission to make a positive and measurable impact in the lives of children that need it most. Since Redskins owners Dan and Tanya Snyder created the Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation in 2000, we have given back more than $26M to the community and currently provide support and services to more than 178,000 individuals (mostly children) annually, focusing on supporting education, children’s health and wellness and preparing them for their future.
In order to continue our mission, the Redskins Charitable Foundation is looking for consistent and reliable group of Ambassadors who are looking to engage their community in a positive way. The Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation Ambassador program is a great opportunity for a college student starting out in the Sports and Recreation realm, recent graduates looking to break into sports or anyone with an interest in sports and youth development. Members of the Ambassador team will be given an opportunity to work all Washington Redskins home games as a 50/50 Raffle seller, facilitate Redskins FITT workshops in local schools as well as assist with Foundation special events during the season.
- Must be able to work at least ten (10) workshops over the course of the school year (**please note: workshops will take place during the week between the hours of 9:00AM – 2:00PM**)
- Must be able to work all ten (10) Redskins home games
- Facilitate and execute Redskins FITT workshops at middle schools in the DC/Metro Area during the 2018-2019 school year
- Potential workshop locations will include Washington D.C., Fairfax County, Loudoun County and Prince George’s County
- Work with kids of all ages and abilities, and leading a group of youth in fitness or other group activities
- Communicate the Foundation’s and the purpose and goals of our Redskins FITT, 50/50 Raffle programs
- Create a positive, encouraging and fun environment at all events
- Represent the Washington Redskins & the Charitable Foundation in a professional and respectful manner at all times
- Provide assistance at other Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation special events as requested as well as other team events
- Must be over the age of 18 years old
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent education
- Must reside in DC Metro area
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug screen and have a valid driver’s license.
- Team player, able to handle a variety of tasks
- Upbeat and outgoing attitude
- Ability to handle physical requirements of job including setting up equipment for events and other light to medium lifting
- Ability to interact with players, staff and the community in a professional manner
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and work outside in hot or cold weather conditions
- Candidates must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays if necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?