Public Relations Game Day Internship with The Washington Redskins in Ashburn, VA
A background in public/media relations or sport management is strongly encouraged. Candidates must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Assist with ALLpreseason, regular season and postseason home games.
- Facilitate various requests by media members for information, statistics, etc.
- Assist in distribution of credentials and statistics.
- Assist in transcribing and distribution of post-game press conferences and quotes.
- Monitor player interviews.
- Maintain the press box at FedExField, keeping it fully stocked with updated team information.
- Prepare press box for game day.
- Research statistical information for management, coaches, scouts and internal department as needed.
- Must attend ALL preseason, regular season and postseason home games.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Can work independently when given a task and have the focus to follow through & follow-up if problems arise.
- Team player humble enough to handle a variety of tasks; no job beneath them.
- Ability to interact with players, staff and the community in a professional manner.
- Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information is necessary.
- Must be able to provide proof of college credit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have local housing in the Washington, DC area?
Can you provide your own transportation to FedExField in Landover, MD?
Do you have experience recording and transcribing press conferences?
Can you provide proof of college credit