Photography Intern - Fall 2019 with The Washington Redskins in Ashburn, VA
The Washington Redskins jobs
Sports Jobs in Ashburn, VA
The Washington Redskins Photography Department offers summer, season-long and spring internships. The internships are designed for either undergraduate or graduate students and are unpaid positions. All candidates must be able to receive course-credit for the internship. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about the responsibilities of a National Football League communications staff while working as a member of the department and assisting in its day-to-day functions.
Interns must be able to work extended hours including some nights and weekends. A background in photography or digital media is strongly encouraged. Candidates must possess strong written and oral communication skills. The intern will be required to participate in a mandatory background check and drug testing at the beginning of the internship.
Fall Internship Responsibilities (August - January)
- Photographing practices, team events, games, as well as “behind-the-scenes” opportunities around the team facility and at the stadium.
- Help with editing photos through Adobe Creative Cloud software and other similar programs.
- Helping the team photographer with all photo shoot requests, including equipment needs and set up (lighting/backdrops/scenery, etc.)
- Assisting with the management of team’s photo archive, including the sorting of all shots into the digital photo drive, as well as the scanning and cataloging of historical photos.
- Working hand-in-hand with the public relations, digital media and marketing departments to fulfill any needs.
Intern Candidate Requirements:
- Candidate MUST receive college credit in order to qualify for this internship – proof of credit letter from your College or University is required.
- Polite, positive, self-starter who works well with others.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Strong photography skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Can work independently when given a task and have the focus to follow through & follow-up if problems arise.
- Computer skills (Adobe Creative Cloud proficient).
- Proactive in asking questions when needed.
- Team player, humble enough to handle a variety of tasks; no job beneath them.
- Ability to handle physical requirements of job including setting up equipment for events and other light to medium lifting.
- Ability to interact with players, staff and the community in a professional manner.
- Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information is necessary.
Reports to: Team Photographer, Garrett Campbell and Senior Vice President of Communications, Tony Wyllie
If you wish to become a part of this dynamic, fast-paced organization and you meet the requirements listed above, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Will you receive college credit for this internship?
Do you have local housing in or near Ashburn, VA?
Can you provide transportation to and from Redskins Park in Ashburn, VA?