Event Sales Manager - Redskins Special Events with The Washington Redskins in Landover · MD
The Washington Redskins jobs
Sports Jobs in Landover · MD
Event Management: Event Promotions
The Event Sales Manager focuses on prospecting, selling, and developing sales strategies to book special/corporate events at FedExField. This position proactively seeks out new business through strategic positioning within the venue’s market, cultivating client / local hospitality / venue relationships, and a firm commitment to grass roots sales strategies. Responsibilities will include connecting with local, state, and nationwide contacts through networking, soliciting, and grass roots marketing and sales initiatives. The Event Sales Manager participates in the development of marketing initiatives, sales strategy and negotiating agreements with clients under the general direction of the Vice President – Sales & Booking.
- Prospect leads by networking and researching FedExField’s / greater Washington, DC market. Take initiative to qualify each individual lead by communicating with prospects by phone, email, and in-person.
- Work with Vice President – Sales & Booking to create a sales goals, agree on KPI’s, and formulate a business development plan, sales presentations, and marketing plans based on industry and trends. Responsible for achieving personal sales goals, as well as generating new business / event opportunities for the Redskins organization as a whole.
- Communicate with past and current clients frequently, developing friendly and trusting relationships with clients to maintain their valued business with the organization.
- Travel to meet with potential, new, and existing clients offsite to facilitate sales presentations for venue space and rentals. Attend in-market networking events.
- Create and respond to proposals for potential events, identify appropriate strategy to close sale, work directly with the client to draft agreement specifications based on event and venue qualifications.
- Communicate with local Convention and Visitors Bureaus, as well as Chamber of Commerce and other Associations that relate to promotion of local business, tour and travel to be able to market the venue properly and increase revenue of sales at the venues.
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential for new business opportunities. Track sales and develop status reports on client needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new strategies and clients
- Collaborate with internal departments (Finance, Legal, Operations, etc.) as needed, and communicate with the corresponding teams of client to achieve mutual agreement to term.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year)
- 3 - 4 years of related work experience
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work both independently, and within a team
- Strong networking skills with a proven ability to build and foster relationships with prospects / clients and drive new business
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Must be able to market venues and drive new sales
- Experience working with internal / local team, as well as relationships with event management organizations, DMC’s, and national sales teams
- Must have a strong knowledge of special events, including a firm understanding of the Event Industry and its relationship matrix
- The ability to forecast sales and budget accordingly
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must be experienced sales professional with a proven track record of increasing revenue
- Event Sales in a similar facility, or within private events / DMC is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?