Digital Marketing Intern with The Washington Redskins in Ashburn · VA
The Washington Redskins jobs
Sports Jobs in Ashburn · VA
The Washington Redskins Digital Marketing Team has two internship opportunities for current undergraduate or graduate students studying marketing, communications, sports management or related field.
As an intern for the Digital Marketing Team, you will be hands-on in executing multi-channel marketing campaigns across email, mobile app, and web. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with an eagerness to learn, thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and has a strong attention to detail. Your experience here will develop skills in web content management, email marketing strategy and implementation, and exposure to the day to day operations of marketing a professional sports team and international brand.
The internship program will culminate with a final project running a digital engagement campaign where you’ll work together to create a marketing plan, and then lead the project through execution.
The Digital Marketing Intern will work closely with the Redskins’ Digital Marketing team, assisting in the following:
- Design, develop, and deploy email newsletters and marketing emails for Redskins and FedExField Special Events
- Daily editing, creation, and development of content and subpages on Redskins digital platforms (email, web, mobile app, etc.)
- Maintain quality assurance and usability testing
- Provide analytics reporting and key marketing deliverables of digital platforms
- Work cross-departmentally with ticketing, sponsorship, public relations, content, and graphic design teams
- Proofread marketing content and assist with copywriting
- Development and coordination of new programs/campaigns for lead generation
- Deep curiosity in modern marketing technology and using business intelligence to drive decisions
- Basic HTML/CSS skills a plus, or willingness to learn
- Excellent proofreading skills with strong attention to detail, and ability to write copy that is clear, concise, and compelling.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, or media reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and the rest of Microsoft Office
- Adobe Creative Cloud Photoshop and Dreamweaver experience a plus
- Experience using an Email Service Provider is helpful
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to meet deadlines
Must be able to receive college credit. Interested applicants must be willing and able to work non-traditional hours in non-traditional settings during peak times. This position will work out of Redskins Park in Ashburn, VA with occasional meetings and events at FedExField in Landover, MD.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Will you be able to provide reliable transportation to Ashburn, VA?
Are you able to receive college credit for this internship?