Corporate Hospitality Internship - Fall 2019 with The Washington Redskins in Landover, MD
The Washington Redskins jobs
Sports Jobs in Landover, MD
The Washington Redskins are seeking qualified individuals to join the Suites/Corporate Hospitality Department as a Corporate Hospitality Intern. The right individual will be able to work as part of a team or individually.
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and verbal.
- Superior telephone manner and etiquette are necessary.
- Above average computer skills including excel are required.
- Superior customer service skills are a plus.
- Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information is necessary.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and ability to take direction is a must.
- Prior experience in an office environment preferred.
Responsibilities include BUT may not be limited to, the following:
- Overall – lead generation, data entry, internet research, client services, and event planning.
- Assist in the maintenance of Client Database that concerns our current and prospective clients, by updating personal and professional information – may be required to research contact information for prospective clients or referrals, using sources outside our internal database.
- Utilize Archtics Ticketing Program to assist in looking up current accounts for ticket-related information, invoice requests, contact information, etc.
- Assist with the planning and executing of Washington Redskins Suite Owner and/or prospect events.
- Maintain methods of organization and communication throughout the office, by properly labeling folders and binders, circulating contracts, updating the current suite listing/availability charts, etc.
- Assist with the distribution of contractual gifts and update the Suites/Hospitality inventory spread sheet (reorganization of gift storage facility may also be occasionally needed).
- Attend Redskins-related special events, including networking events, at Redskins Park and FedExField held throughout the semester
- Attend all Redskins home games and assist with game-day prep, visit clients, and other game day duties as assisgned.
- Photograph and organize pictures taken at each Redskins-related event.
- Call current and/or prospective clients to arrange and confirm meetings and/or event attendance.
- Assist in answering phones and taking down messages at any point in time – especially when full-time staff are absent from desk/attending meetings, etc.
- Utilize the Redskins’ FedEx online account to create labels for shipping client gifts, ticket packages, etc.
- Assist with creating and facilitating mail merges/blast emails to reach current and prospective clients.
- Full time is preferred: (M-F) 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Ability to work events on weekends/nights is preferred
- Part time availability would be considered for 20-25 hours per week
- Additional work may be required on weekends/nights contingent upon event schedule
All internship candidates must be eligible to receive college credit. A proof of credit letter from your college or university is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?