Corporate Hospitality & Entertainment Internship - Summer 2020 with The Washington Redskins in Landover · MD
The Washington Redskins jobs
Sports Jobs in Landover · MD
The Washington Redskins are seeking qualified individuals to join the Hospitality & Entertainment Department as a Corporate Hospitality & Entertainment Intern
- Excellent communication skills are required, both written and verbal
- Exceptional positivity and work ethic
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong telephone etiquette
- Above average computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work with confidential information and materials
- Aptitude to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Prior experience in an office environment is preferred
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Overall – lead generation, data entry, internet research, client services, and event planning
- Assist in the maintenance of client database by updating personal and professional information
- Research and create biographies in Washington Redskins database
- Utilize Archtics Ticketing Program to locate ticket-related information, invoices, and contact information
- Assist with the planning and executing of Washington Redskins Suite Network and prospecting events
- Maintain methods of organization and communication throughout the office, by properly labeling folders and binders, circulating contracts, updating the current suite listing/availability charts, etc
- Assist with the distribution of gifts and update the Redskins inventory spread sheet (reorganization of gift storage facility may also be needed on occasion)
- Attend Redskins-related special events at Redskins Park and FedExField throughout the semester
- Photograph and organize pictures taken at Redskins-related events
- Call current and/or prospective clients to arrange and confirm meetings and event attendance
- Assist in answering phones and taking down messages from clients and prospects
- Utilize the Redskins FedEx online account to create labels for shipping client gifts, ticket packages, etc
- Assist with creating and facilitating mail merges/blast emails to reach current and prospective clients
- Full time is preferred 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM (M-F), but consideration will be afforded to individuals able to work 20+ hours per week.
- On-site experience at FedExField in Landover, MD is mandatory. Select special events may require attendance at Redskins Park in Ashburn, VA or other off-site locations.
- Additional work required on weekends / nights contingent upon event schedules.
- The term of the internship is approximately May 5th, 2020 – August 14th, 2020, but is flexible based upon personal schedule and college requirements.
This internship position is unpaid. All internship candidates must be eligible to receive college credit. A proof of credit letter from your college or university is required.
If you wish to become a part of this dynamic, fast-paced organization and you meet the requirements listed above, please apply online (via TeamWorkOnline).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Will you receive college credit for this internship?
Will you be able to work on-site in Landover, MD for this internship?