Communication Internship - Spring 2020 with The Washington Redskins in Ashburn · VA
- Oversee daily newspaper clips and their distribution.
- Help with production and editing of the team’s media guide.
- Facilitate interviews with local media during the Draft, Mini Camp and OTAs.
- Assist in transcribing quotes during the Draft, Mini Camp and OTAs.
- Research statistical information for management, coaches, scouts and internal department as needed.
- General office work to include email, phones, faxes, sending packages, etc.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Communications staff.
- Full-time undergraduate/graduate student.
- Candidate MUST receive college credit in order to qualify for this internship – proof of credit letter from your College or University is required.
- Polite, positive, self-starter who works well with others.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Can work independently when given a task and have the focus to follow through & follow-up if problems arise.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office proficient).
- Proactive in asking questions when needed.
- Team player, humble enough to handle a variety of tasks; no job beneath them.
- Ability to handle physical requirements of job including setting up equipment for events and other light to medium lifting.
- Ability to interact with players, staff and the community in a professional manner.
- Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information is necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Can you provide proof that you will receive college credit for this internship?
Do you have local housing in or near Ashburn, VA?
Can you provide your own reliable transportation to and from Redskins Park in Ashburn, VA?