Business Development Internship - Fall 2019 with The Washington Redskins in Landover, MD
The Washington Redskins jobs
Sports Jobs in Landover, MD
The Washington Redskins are seeking qualified individuals to join the Hospitality and Entertainment Department as a Business Development Intern. The right individual will be able to work as part of a team or individually. Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to lead generation, data entry, internet research, and client services.
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and verbal.
- Superior telephone manner and etiquette.
- Above average computer skills including Microsoft Office Programs.
- Customer service skills are a plus.
- Proven experience to work appropriately with and around confidential information is necessary.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and ability to take direction is necessary.
- Prior experience in an office environment preferred.
The Business Development internship position includes, but is not limited to, “prospecting” responsibilities – researching potential clients, creating client biographies, developing sales presentations, compiling pictures for use when reaching out to new clients, keeping game day/client notes, CRM database maintenance and cleansing, etc. Additional responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Create prospect lead lists using different online and print references.
- Research and create biographies in Washington Redskins database for potential sales leads.
- Research attendees for Washington Redskins hosted events as well as events hosted by outside vendors that Washington Redskins sales team will attend.
- Discover new business prospects through Newspapers, Journals, Magazines, and Event Lists.
- Help maintain and update current and prospective client database, including personal and professional information.
- Assist with the planning of and execution of Washington Redskins Suite Owner and prospect events.
- Help to maintain office organization with properly labeling folders and binders, contract distribution, updating necessary suite listing and availability charts.
- Maintain and update the Suites/Hospitality memorabilia inventory storage room.
- Help with the execution of Washington Redskins special events hosted at Redskins Park and FedExField.
- Utilization of Archtics program to assist with client accounts, ticketing information and invoicing purposes.
- Help with the FedEx shipping of ticket packages, client gifts, and memorabilia.
- Create mail and email merges in order to reach current clients and prospects.
- Full time is preferred (M-F). 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Part time availability would be considered for 20-25 hours per week
- Additional work required on weekends / nights contingent upon event schedules.
All internship candidates must be eligible to receive college credit. A proof of credit letter from your college or university is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?