Job Title: Events Coordinator - Part-Time Seasonal
Reports To: Senior Director
Department: Guest Experience - Events
The Events Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Events department with organizing, producing, and managing events for the Washington Football Team.
Involvement in events includes, but are not limited to Washington Football Team Home Games, Non-gameday Stadium Tours, Concerts/Festivals, Ride & Drives, Corporate Conventions and Receptions, Weddings, Football Camps/Clinics, Sponsor Events and Holiday Parties.
This position will require some extended hours including some nights and weekends during event periods.
- Support Events department in the areas of Event Management at FedExField, Inova Sports Performance Center, and offsite events.
- Assists in developing new events and maintains, organizes, and coordinates existing events from concept to completion, ensuring they operate smoothly and efficiently.
- General Logistics management – including the possibility of set-up/break-down of an event space, invitations, signage, catering, merchandise, conducting inventory, etc.
- Provide support to the department through the creation and management of various projects
- Works closely with Event and Operations staff to develop and manage event budgets
- Provide outstanding customer service to Washington Football Team clients and guests
- General office work to include email, phones, managing time sheet, etc.
- Perform additional duties as required by the Events and Guest Experience staff
- 2+ years in Event and Hospitality Industry is preferred
- Ability to work seasonal part-time hours working events that may take place during the day, night, weekend and/or holidays.
- Polite, positive, outgoing, self-starter who can work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills. Must be customer service focused.
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to perform multilevel tasks, troubleshoot, be flexible and think quickly and react decisively.
- Well developed in written and oral communication skills, including speaking to large groups.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office proficient)
- Ability to handle physical requirements of job including setting up equipment for events and other light to medium lifting. Must be able to stand for long periods of and walk long distances
- Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information is necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.