The Washington Football Team is headquartered in Ashburn, Virginia and plays at FedExField in Landover, Maryland (where this role will be located). The team is undergoing a historic rebrand, with every inch of our digital space evolving in the coming year. The Digital, Marketing and BI teams won the 2020 Markie Pinnacle Award for the launch of the campaign called “The Journey”, and we’re actively looking for more team members help us come see it through.
This position will report to the Washington Football Team’s Digital Director and will be located at FedExField in Landover, Maryland. This position will also work extensively with other key stakeholders in BI, Creative, Marketing, Content, Sponsorship, Game Entertainment and Ticketing as well as with Ticketmaster and the League.
The Washington Football Team is looking for a creative individual to help drive the digital user experience for all team platforms. The Digital UX Coordinator is a visually driven creator who loves dissecting the psychology of customer experiences, and translating them into designs that create cohesion and efficacy across all campaigns, platforms and user experiences. The best candidate for this position is comfortable with copywriting, creating wireframes and heuristic analysis of any digital content. Even more so, we are seeking a teammate who is enthusiastic, entrepreneurially minded, passionate about design, and up to tackle complex challenges in a fast-paced environment.
- Research and streamline technology products to deliver the best possible user experience.
- Work with Brand, Marketing, Content and Creative teams to support the team rebrand.
- Formulating and executing customer journey mapping exercises against Washington Football Team, FedExField, and partner audiences.
- Conducting heuristic analyses of digital media to better inform product design and improve customer experiences.
- Making educated creative requests that are informed by research, written in language that speaks to designers in an actionable way.
- Researches and develops user scenarios to be used during the design and development processes.
- Helps maintain the UX research library and toolkit. Assists in designing UX metrics to measure and track the impact of design changes on user experience.
- Conducts user research using methods such as participatory design sessions, site visits, focus groups, benchmark studies, usability studies, heuristic evaluations, and similar approaches.
- Identifies potential usability issues and design opportunities.
- Analyzes user research data, writes reports, and communicates results to key stakeholders, Content, Digital, BI and Design teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Graphic Design, Statistics, or a related field. Or equivalent work experience in conducting user experience research using a variety of research methods. Certifications in the field work as well.
- 1-3 years’ experience practicing user-centered design, UX development, creative development or testing.
- Strong proficiency with Google Analytics, and Adobe Analytics.
- Proficiency with one or more usability testing tools or services.
- Proficiency with one or more wireframing/prototyping tools.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative user research, especially heuristic analysis.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design and interaction design principles
- Proficient in industry tools such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio, Project, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication, with a focus on building strong relationships across teams
- Strong attention to detail, ability to appropriately blend qualitative and quantitative research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.