The Washington Football Team is headquartered in Ashburn, Virginia and plays at FedExField in Landover, Maryland (where this role will be located). The team is undergoing a historic rebrand, with every inch of our digital space evolving in the coming year. The Digital, Marketing and BI teams won the 2020 Markie Pinnacle Award for the launch of the campaign called “The Journey”, and we’re actively looking for more team members help us come see it through.
This position will report to the Washington Football Team’s Digital Director and will be located at FedExField in Landover, Maryland. This position will also work extensively with other key stakeholders in BI, Creative, Marketing, Content, Sponsorship, Game Entertainment and Ticketing as well as with Ticketmaster and the League.
Our ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience in programming and digital product management. They must have a customer-first mindset, a strong understanding of back-end and front-end programming languages, and the ability to develop data pipelines that can be used to track, analyze, and improve our digital product. This role requires a candidate with excellent design sensibility, strategic foresight, analytical, organizational, and written communication skills. This is a customer centric role, working to translate the needs of the customer into online business opportunities and functionality.
- Supports development of digital product vision aligned to our digital strategy and business objectives. This includes mobile app, email, text, and in-stadium technology.
- Partner with key stakeholders, League contacts, vendors and internal teams to build product roadmaps that will be incorporated in to the broader company product portfolio plan.
- Develops and maintains digital product roadmaps, manages backlog, issues flagged, and service outages.
- Partners with IT teams and 3rd party vendors to plan and prioritize development of consumer facing digital products. Builds strong relationships within the League, with partners, with vendors to inform the product vision and assist in issues management.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Content teams to communicate product roll-out plans and create actionable templates to enable team members to lift digital campaigns and functionality quickly. Facilitates feedback and platform optimization across teams.
- Assesses digital analytics and broader insights to define and prioritize features and functionality and optimize experiences. Manages data capture functionality across all platforms.
- Effectively articulates the goals and vision of the experiences we are building and sets appropriate measurement plans with data capture methodology clearly defined and communicated across content creation teams.
- Track work and progress across initiatives within Monday.com so that bandwidth issues can be predicted, work nimbly prioritized, and finished projects delivered on time and on budget.
- Manages product media and code libraries. Proficient in front end development, able to fit brand standards to any tool.
- Participate in market research, validation, and whitespace analysis to identify new opportunities for new and existing features and functionalities.
- 5+ years experience in digital product management, front end development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. Masters degree is preferred, certifications welcome.
- Experience writing SQL queries, experience with back-end and front-end programming languages, such as Java, HTML, CSS, Angular JS
- Experience working with Pocket or similar CMS tools, Ceros, Ticketmaster products, Fevo, FanReach (formerly Adept), Google Ad Manager (DFP), Tradable Bits, and Judo (formerly Rover)
- Strong background in computer science, software and design
- Excellent analytical, prioritization, and negotiating skills
- Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus
- Passionate about building great products that meet customer and business needs
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.