The Washington Football Team is headquartered in Ashburn, Virginia and plays at FedExField in Landover, Maryland (where this role will be located). The team is undergoing a historic rebrand, with every inch of our digital space evolving in the coming year. The Digital, Marketing and BI teams won the 2020 Markie Pinnacle Award for the launch of the campaign called “The Journey”, and we’re actively looking for more team members help us come see it through.
This position will report to the Washington Football Team’s Digital Director and will be located at FedExField in Landover, Maryland. This position will also work extensively with other key stakeholders in BI, Creative, Marketing, Content, Sponsorship, Game Entertainment and Ticketing as well as with Ticketmaster and the League.
We are looking for a passionate, innovative, and creative individual to help drive our digital campaign execution. The Digital Performance Manager is a detail-oriented innovator who loves solving problems, is comfortable with technology adoption, and enjoys strategic planning. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, entrepreneurially minded, passionate about learning, and is not afraid to tackle complex challenges in a fast-paced environment. Key responsibilities include formulating and executing strategies and tactics for digital campaign orchestration.
- Report on campaign performance to key stakeholders, platform managers and colleagues to enable better collaboration before launch, campaign optimization in-flight, and reviews of brand initiatives upon their conclusion.
- Research brand digital experiences and capabilities across industries to find the gaps in the industry and accordingly set up marketing and advertising goals for the brand.
- Define KPIs for campaigns to demonstrate impact and performance of our digital platforms and campaigns.
- Tweak brand, marketing and digital strategies by evaluating the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of all existing marketing channels to determine and make necessary adjustments to optimize marketing effectiveness.
- Source and implement the most effective keywords, measure keyword performance and optimize campaigns based on them.
- Understand digital marketing products inside out, building new capabilities into campaigns as they come online.
- Manage ad placements, target the relevant interests and topics and use Google’s in-market audiences for search ads. Use multi-touch attribution to track touchpoints across the funnel, which will help maximize Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaign effectiveness.
- Develop hypotheses and perform A/B (or multivariate) testing, using research to recommend improvements and support optimizations
- Leverage customer insights to better segment, target and reach fans and potential customers
- Explore new marketing opportunities such as social media channels, apps, ad formats, etc.
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience, background in media buying, technology, advertising, consulting, sports and event marketing preferred
- Expert in Google Analytics, Adobe Audience Manager, Adobe Analyze
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams
- Strong marketing automation, digital tag management background, Google and Eloqua experience preferred
- Proficient in ad buying and customer targeting technology like Google Ads, DoubleClick, Advanse, Facebook Ads, etc.
- Agile project management experience strongly preferred, willingness to shepherd campaign development essential
- Analytical: your drive to improve stems from your ability to understand the mix of qualitative and quantitative indicators of campaign success in any media.
- Strategic: you are dedicated to forming work based on its impact, scale, and efficiency
- Collaborative: you make other team members shine in your ability to set them up for success, structuring work to draw value to each team member’s perspective.
- Innovative: doing new things doesn’t scare you, it’s a thrill.
- Detail-oriented: you understand that bringing something to life means a lot of cohesion in the smallest of details in the planning, building, proofing, flighting, and recapping of digital campaigns. This is where you draw gains from, and thrive in.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.