The Washington Football Team is headquartered in Ashburn, Virginia and plays at FedExField in Landover, Maryland. It is a private company. The company was founded in 1932.
The successful candidate will work easily with marketing, design, research, and other business stakeholders to define the overall product vision and strategy, and will work especially well with the design and engineering teams at the League, in stadium and within Ticketmaster, Fevo, and Fanatics to make that vision a reality. They will be responsible for all elements of Product Management and the project management to support the discipline.
Our ideal candidate will have 1-2 years experience in digital media work, but most importantly an aptitude for digital product and design with an appetite to learn. This role requires a candidate with excellent organizational skills as you'll be working with a team who develops capabilities, standards and protocols for publishing content on the site and app, on behalf of all internal stakeholders. This is a product centric role, working to translate the needs of the customer into digital media.
This position will report to the Washington Football Team’s Marketing Automation Manager to bring campaigns to life for the DMV’s football franchise. This position will also work extensively with other groups internally and externally like Creative, Marketing, Content, Sponsorship, Game Entertainment and Ticketing as well as Ticketmaster and the League.
- Support development of digital product vision aligned to our digital strategy and business objectives. This includes mobile app, email, text, and in-stadium technology.
- Partner with key stakeholders, League contacts, vendors and internal teams teams to build product roadmaps that will be incorporated in to the broader company product portfolio plan.
- Develop and maintains digital product roadmaps, manages backlog, issues flagged, and service outages.
- Develop and design web pages using Pocket CMS as needed to help meet company objectives.
- Partner with IT teams and 3rd party vendors to plan and prioritize development of consumer facing digital products. Builds strong relationships within the League, with partners, with vendors to inform the product vision and assist in issues management.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Content teams to communicate product roll-out plans and create actionable templates to enable team members to lift digital campaigns and functionality quickly. Facilitates feedback and platform optimization across teams.
- Assess digital analytics and broader insights to define and prioritize features and functionality and optimize experiences. Manages data capture functionality across all platforms.
- Effectively articulate the goals and vision of the experiences we are building and sets appropriate measurement plans with data capture methodology clearly defined and communicated across content creation teams.
- Track work and progress across initiatives within Monday.com so that bandwidth issues can be predicted, work nimbly prioritized, and finished projects delivered on time and on budget.
- Manage product media and code libraries. Proficient in front end development, able to fit brand standards to any tool.
- Participate in market research, validation, and whitespace analysis to identify new opportunities for new and existing features and functionalities.
- 1-2+ years experience in digital product management, front end development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Marketing, or related field. Masters degree is preferred, certifications welcome.
- Experience working CMS design and management, Pocket a plus
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly Adobe Photoshop
- Background in layout design and UX/UI optimization
- Experience with back-end and front-end programming languages, such as Java, HTML, CSS, Angular JS a plus
- Strong analytical, prioritization, and negotiating skills
- Usability and customer-focused design experience
- Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems
- Ability to work cross-functionally on a broad range of projects
- Team-player who is excited to learn and collaborate
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.