TITLE: Desktop Support Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Technology
PRIMARY LOCATION: Ashburn, VA
Desktop Support Specialist
The Washington Football Team is seeking a dedicated & energetic IT Professional to join our IT Staff as a Desktop Support Specialist. This position will be based at our headquarters in Ashburn, VA. At times during the year, there will be local travel to our other business locations in the DMV.
This position responds to user related questions/issues and interfaces with other departments. Provide end-user support, training and to perform workstation deployment, updates, maintenance, and user administration. This position will create periodic status reports on service levels. Recognizes potential improvements and recommends to team.
- Provide support to Washington Football Team staff for technology related issues
- Participate in on-call after-hours support rotation
- Configure, deploy, & support all laptop, desktop and mobile devices and related office software systems
- Diagnose hardware and software – Laptops, Desktops, Operating system, applications, etc.
- Diagnose and fix software and hardware related to Microsoft and Apple operating systems
- Logs new calls, updates and status changes in Help Desk application
- Manage and update documentation of standard procedures
- Microsoft Office 365 and Azure AD account administration
- Oversee IT hardware inventory and refresh program for corporate desktops and laptops
- Windows LAN Administration
- Minimum two years of experience in an Information Technology support position
- Ability to effectively diagnose and repair computer hardware and software problems
- Understanding of computer networking concepts
- Ability to manage a wide variety of IT Projects and responsibilities
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are necessary
- Individual must be highly dependable, analytical, and detail oriented.
- Individual must be able to accommodate the flexible, dynamic schedule of a professional sports team
- Assist in game day preparations and testing, as well as game day support for various systems
- Answer support calls from help desk and track problems in a ticketing system
- Maintain desktop and device compliance policies by enforcing company security settings, software settings and user restrictions
- Ability to explain basic concepts or procedures in a clear, concise, easy-to-understand manner for a large and diverse customer base who utilize a wide variety of in-house developed and off-the-shelf applications
- Possess high degree of discretion, integrity, professionalism, and accountability for area of responsibility and related results
- Minimum physical requirements: able to travel to and gain access to various areas of the stadium for prolonged periods of time during games and events; able to lift and transport up to 50 pounds
- Availability to work during standard support hours (M-F, 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM) along with occasional after-hours and weekend support
- Other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.